Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bike table

Way to go man. You done good! Makes me want to buy that jig!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

That's it... I ordered the same one... that's a George's Garage tool.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

very nice. good idea to take a break after that tap broke off in there. might have ended up in some pounding of shiney stuff. Anger is not your friend when working on bits like that. but good job being persistant and making a second go of it. I am surprised though that the tap was able to be busted up like that. I am sure that it would have been near impossible to drill out as its supposed to be hardened enough to do the work its designed to do. But I suppose that cold shocking is what embrittled it. grats on a successful repair against the odds.
    Caveman

Here's my 10, my 2 are free

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    That's it... I ordered the same one... that's a George's Garage tool.
    Yeap, George's Garage. Everyone calls it Jim's tool, but that is different mfg, but I borrowed it from a Jim......!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    very nice. good idea to take a break after that tap broke off in there. might have ended up in some pounding of shiney stuff. Anger is not your friend when working on bits like that. but good job being persistant and making a second go of it. I am surprised though that the tap was able to be busted up like that. I am sure that it would have been near impossible to drill out as its supposed to be hardened enough to do the work its designed to do. But I suppose that cold shocking is what embrittled it. grats on a successful repair against the odds.
    The cold was my idea, but others told me I could break the tap with a punch. Hard and strong are usually one or the other.

I have been known to dent, smash or otherwise damage things in moments of frustration. As I have grown older (wiser or not) I have learned to step back and take another look at it before taking the hammer to the side of the car.

Yeah Jim's and George are different. LOL
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Jacked it back up and pulled the stands. Lowered it back down and climbed on the bike. Pulled the clutch and it rolled right back down. It does take up a lot of space though with no bike on it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sprink View Post
    Jacked it back up and pulled the stands. Lowered it back down and climbed on the bike. Pulled the clutch and it rolled right back down. It does take up a lot of space though with no bike on it, lol.
    what if you hinge it somewhere so that part of the ramp folds up onto it. would still be big but wouldnt take up as much space. just a thought. great job though!
    -Mason

"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs." - Unknown

I use to be a cockblock!!

Not sure about folding it. The strength is in the 4x4s that run the lenght of it.

I'll probably just push it to the side and store crap on top of it. Easier to pick it up off the ramp than the floor. I can even jack it up to be level.

I can park a bike on it at times to save space if need be.