Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to ruin a perfectly good ride.

Default How to ruin a perfectly good ride.

Anyone think I can drill this out on the bike? I know a special tool will help.

Anyone know if ceramic can be touched up or is it a strip and redo?

Might just wrap 'em.

That needs to just be removed.... I don't have that tool either. I know it's a semi common thing.

You can try and do a rattle can touch up on the ceramic. Jeff does ceramic as well, but he'd strip/blast it and do a complete re-do.

Sucks man...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Woa! You discovered that after you got back from our ride? Sucks!
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Yep. I thought it sounded funny when I started it to leave Bullfrogs, thought it was just cause of the building and the truck next to the bikes. When we off 75 it back fired a bit as I slowed for lights. I pulled over before Birmingham, but the damage was done so I headed home.

Quote Originally Posted by sprink View Post
    Yep. I thought it sounded funny when I started it to leave Bullfrogs, thought it was just cause of the building and the truck next to the bikes. When we off 75 it back fired a bit as I slowed for lights. I pulled over before Birmingham, but the damage was done so I headed home.
    Ha! You had said its a bit loud, and when you fired it up at Bullfrogs I thought - "hey, that sounds pretty good!"
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

That sucks man. At least its still ridable in case it needs to be taken in somewhere for them to pull it.
    Formerly known as Rugby66x

Put the same thread on the XL Forum (sporty and buell forum) and within a couple hours got a guy from New York offering to send me his Jim's tool (at least $80) for drilling it out. Bikers really are the best people you can meet on the internet!

First business is building a table I can push the bike up onto. The floor sucks and the Buell won't go on the jack like the Sporty. There is a lot more under the Buell than a "normal" bike.

I've drilled out broken exhaust bolts a few times while the motor is still in the bike. Last one was a twin-cam harley. It's not the easiest thing to do but with the right bits it can be done. Usually you need longer bits to get the drill outside the frame. Then some extensions to put on your tap to re-thread the hole.
    Need paint www.JAGPaint.com

is it broke off flush or a little sticking out? whats the cylinder made out of?