View Poll Results: Do you have/want ABS on your bike?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, don't want it anywhere.

1 8.33%
  • No, fine for cars, not bikes

1 8.33%
  • Yes please!

8 66.67%
  • Not sure because I get confused by colors... and goats!

2 16.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ABS or no?

Default ABS or no?

I like ABS on my car. So when I was buying my Ultra in 2009, I wanted ABS on this 1/2 ton bike (generally when loaded with me and junk). Now that I have it, I love the hell out of it. I wish all my bikes would have it. The only downside I have found, is that you can't bleed your brakes without a tech computer. Otherwise I simply love it and love trying to engage it!

What you say?
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Before I got my Ultra Limited...I was talking to Gas about the ABS and asked how he like it...he told me yeah dude, make sure you get a bike with ABS....so when I seen that this comes standard on the Ultra Limited...I was good with that!
    This is my first bike with ABS...so I'm glad to have it

And honestly the option (stand alone) is only like $800... that's a bit more/less than a collision deductable, so it was a no brainer!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Like American Express. Don't leave home without it!
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

I'm very glad I have it. You hear a lot from people who think they are hard core bikers and they dont need it. Well, they do.

Yes you *can* stop in less distance than ABS. However, if ABS kicks in, you have made a mistake. Nice to have that back stop.

I believe that very few people can brake exactly perfectly in a panic/emergency situation, especially where the road conditions are not ideal (i.e. wet). Very few. If any.

I also believe that if ABS was mandatory on bikes, there would be a LOT fewer deaths.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Never had a bike with ABS so I am not sure.

Hate it!
    Hate it on Cages.
    Hate it on bikes.
    Hate it!
    Maybe I wasn't clear enough........ I hate it.
    I want total control not some sensor/computer that will fail. Every recent cage Ive had with that crap on it has had issue's when the vehicle gets enough miles on it. It is very expensive to repair. I would rather not get lazy by have some freaking sensor/computer doing what Ive been doing for over 40 years. Say what you want about having no stopping skills and the need to have a computer do it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgrider View Post
    Hate it!
    Hate it on Cages.
    Hate it on bikes.
    Hate it!
    Maybe I wasn't clear enough........ I hate it.
    I want total control not some sensor/computer that will fail. Every recent cage Ive had with that crap on it has had issue's when the vehicle gets enough miles on it. It is very expensive to repair. I would rather not get lazy by have some freaking sensor/computer doing what Ive been doing for over 40 years. Say what you want about having no stopping skills and the need to have a computer do it for you.

I guess my point is that if you are that skilled, you would never even know it. But I hope you never make a mistake in the wrong situation where ABS might have saved your butt.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    I guess my point is that if you are that skilled, you would never even know it. But I hope you never make a mistake in the wrong situation where ABS might have saved your butt.
    Not sure how one would meter my skill level but Ive been riding 2 wheels since 1970 Ive been on the road with two wheels since 1976 Lost track of how many miles on two wheels its gotta be close to 300k soon give or take. Ive got 92k On my current Hawg. Never had ABS never will its technology I don't want or need. I'll take my chances with my skill level. To error is Human But to really eff things up takes a computer.

I would take it. Never had it on a bike.

I actually don't like it on cars in the snow though. I had a couple situations where I am pretty sure I would have been better off without it.

I don't ride in the snow (much,lol).