Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bamboozled

Default Bamboozled

I think this is hallarious and shows in full mocking of the political system.

HOUSTON -- Dave Wilson chuckles as he talks about his unorthodox political campaign.
    "I'd always said it was a long shot," Wilson says. "No, I didn't expect to win."
    Still, he figured he'd have fun running, because he was fed up with what he called "all the shenanigans" at the Houston Community College System. As a conservative white Republican running in a district whose voters are overwhelmingly black Democrats, the odds seemed overwhelmingly against him.
    Then he came up with an idea, an advertising strategy that his opponent found "disgusting." If a white guy didn't have a chance in a mostly African-American district, Wilson would lead voters to think he's black.
    And it apparently worked. In one of the biggest political upsets in Houston politics this election season, Wilson -- an anti-gay activist and former fringe candidate for mayor -- emerged as the surprise winner over 24-year incumbent Bruce Austin. His razor thin margin of victory, only 26 votes, was almost certainly influenced by his racially tinged campaign.
    read more:
    http://www.khou.com/news/local/White...231222981.html
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

that's awesome!

My Favorite Rides:
    2016 Ultra Limited
    2010 Ultra Classic
    2003 Dyna SuperGlide
    1967 Bell UH-1 Iroquois(Huey)

Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

He didn't mislead anybody

There is just so much to read between the lines. I love it.

to me it's kinda like the military promotion system where there has to be a certian number of minorities promoted regardless of qualification. We always tried to do away with the DA Photo requirement and promote based solely on qualification. If we removed photos or images from the polotical landscape we would only have a candidates record to judge. Any other opinions?
    Life is too short to abide stupidity, strive to educate someone today, including yourself!

That's a good call. However, I don't think it was his qualifications that got him elected... sounds like a case of dumb voters.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

This is awesome. I like it it. Talk about playing the game. This proves all politics is just a load of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    That's a good call. However, I don't think it was his qualifications that got him elected... sounds like a case of dumb voters.
    which proves my point, but also points out how broke the system is. If people are voting for a candidate just because of the color of their skin, or their sex, or how good looking they are, then our country is doomed. Originally, it was understood that representatives were elected based on the content of their character rather than the color of their skin. HMMM that phrase sounds familiar don't it? Seems like MLK's peers have forgotten the most important tenant of his "Dream" speech and are doing the exact opposit of what he envisioned-at least in Houston, and now the results of their ignorance is that they have a representative who isn't what they thought he was. I only hope that he is as good a public servant as he was a campaigner!
    Life is too short to abide stupidity, strive to educate someone today, including yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by sfcusaret2004 View Post
    which proves my point, but also points out how broke the system is. If people are voting for a candidate just because of the color of their skin, or their sex, or how good looking they are, then our country is doomed. Originally, it was understood that representatives were elected based on the content of their character rather than the color of their skin. HMMM that phrase sounds familiar don't it? Seems like MLK's peers have forgotten the most important tenant of his "Dream" speech and are doing the exact opposit of what he envisioned-at least in Houston, and now the results of their ignorance is that they have a representative who isn't what they thought he was. I only hope that he is as good a public servant as he was a campaigner!
    I 100% agree
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"