Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 76 goldwing

Default 76 goldwing

i picked the wing up last summer running on 3 cylinders. been playing with it last week rebuilding the carbs and just cleaning it up. i already set the point's, gapped the valve's, timing, just stuff that's not been done in a while. i know this because everything was way off.

today i plan on putting the carbs back on but i'm waiting on 1 vacuum piston to show up, should be here next week.

while looking it over it noticed 1 of the plug wire's broke, it broke when i pulled the carbs. being 34 years old i figure it's time for new coils and wire's. there's no real way to replace the wire except to slice them on, that won't do so.... i've had an idea for a while now about the 2.0 &2.4 coil packs for a dodge 4 cyl car. i planned on running them on my sohc 750's but i'm gonna give the wing the first shot, should work fine. only thing is, i forgot to grab the plug for the coil lol.

after that done, new muffler time. i have some muffler's from some harley that were siting in the junk pile so thats what i'm using. i'm thinking of punching some hole's through the center's for a little rumble. last time i punched hole's through some, i broke my finger lol

Sounds like fun. I like the outside the box thinking.

well the carbs are done for now, waiting on the piston. they didn't really need a rebuild, pretty sure the problem was the piston but figured the o-rings are old anyways.

now it's time to see what size the head pipe is and the mufflers. i held them up there and i think it should look pretty good.

Any pics?
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

the harley pipes will give it a nice rumble without punching holes in them, anyway stock hondas like back pressure so if you are not jetting the carbs try the pipes as they are
    william

yeah thats what i was thinking about last night with the pipes. looks like it will mount up no problem and i don't want a stupid loud bike, kind of sick of the stupid loud crowd.

pic of carb's on the kitchen table, the wife loved that lol

top's for the carb's, i'm gonna get some aluminum round stock and make some new center's for the hole's. i find any excuse to use my lathe lol

I love pissing off the wife with bike parts in the house! FUN!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    I love pissing off the wife with bike parts in the house! FUN!
    don't lie - she works on your bike while you watch oprah..

the wife and daughter told me I don't need a work bench because I don't do any work.. I said ok then the kitchen table is my work bench.. fuck it.. I like the scented candle in the 1st pic - nice touch, lol
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

yeah the wife is a candle freak lol. she's also a neat freak so after i cleaned off the table, she cleaned it again. something about finger print's on the glass... lol

this weekend i got the carbs back on, engine cleaned up and exhaust mounted. i still need some band clamps for the exhaust, 1 3/4" clamp, stock harley size. heres a interesting tid bit i ran across while mounting the exhaust. the harley mufflers are 1 3/4", goldwing is 1 3/4 AND the rear mounting bracket hole's are in the same spot !! so for the most part it was a bolt on but i wanted the mufflers further back so i added some pipe. next step is put a radio on it.

i've been having some mad computer problems all weekend so....... gas man......... i'll load some pic's when i can lol

Sounds like a good wifey!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"