Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hocking Hills 2013

Default Hocking Hills 2013

Making this a new thread. So what do you think time frame?

Chris posted some lovely cabins: http://www.lazylanecabins.com/Default.asp

Long weekend? Weekday 3-4 day trip? Weekday would be cheaper and less traffic. Who is interested?
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

I'm very interested, but I have a very complicated summer. Eager to hear the details...
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

I have two big trips planned for the summer, its hard for me to just take a few days off but I will keep an I on the thread.

Ok, here's the deal, those cabins I'm sure are nice, the problem....It's to close to Hocking Hills state park, which is fine if you guys are into long romantic walks and sightseeing, me, I'm there to ride and as most of you know I go down numerous times a year. The good riding is vast but more S/E and East of that location. Now I'll admit it's nice to plan things months in advance as I'm sure most of you have busy Summers, but let's say you lock yourself into a cabin rental 2 or 3 months prior, the week comes up and guess what...3 days of rain, I like playing cards and getting drunk as much as the next guy but I can do that here.
    There are plenty of small towns ( Zanesville, Cambridge,Newark,Heath,Athens) with cheap hotels That you can book 3 to 6 days out. I've stayed in a Best western in Heath the last couple of years, they're very cool, let me park my truck and trailer out front, the owner rides so he gets it, but there's lots of places like that.
    Having said all that, I'd like to see you guys go down whatever way you decide and barring a 100% chance of rain I'll go down as well and be happy to show you some roads you'll be talking about the rest of your lives. Just thowin that out there.
    Last edited by Thruxtonbill; 01-28-2013 at 10:22 PM.

Same here, got two trips planned and don't know what work will be like. I would love to make the trip though!

Quote Originally Posted by Thruxtonbill View Post
    Ok, here's the deal, those cabins I'm sure are nice, the problem....It's to close to Hocking Hills state park, which is fine if you guys are into long romantic walks and sightseeing, me, I'm there to ride and as most of you know I go down numerous times a year. The good riding is vast but more S/E and East of that location. Now I'll admit it's nice to plan things months in advance as I'm sure most of you have busy Summers, but let's say you lock yourself into a cabin rental 2 or 3 months prior, the week comes up and guess what...3 days of rain, I like playing cards and getting drunk as much as the next guy but I can do that here.
    There are plenty of small towns ( Zanesville, Cambridge,Newark,Heath,Athens) with cheap hotels That you can book 3 to 6 days out. I've stayed in a Best western in Heath the last couple of years, their very cool, let me park my truck and trailer out front, the owner rides so he gets it, but there's lots of places like that.
    Having said all that, I'd like to see you guys go down whatever way you decide and barring a 100% chance of rain I'll go down as well and be happy to show you some roads you'll be talking about the rest of your lives. Just thowin that out there.
    That sounds like my kinda plan.

I'm more of a plan out trip but I'm game to try it Bill's way and lay on that side of caution... or is that not caution... I'm confused now!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

I am good with that too I just want to get it on the radar, period.. Even if we pick say 4 different potential dates or something and confirm like a week before with a yay or neigh..
    Redline Superbike

Yea true... maybe we should nail down a month... I know I'm scrapped for May...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

I just want the best possible chance of going. If I don't lock in some dates then I guarantee I will not go.
    Redline Superbike