View Poll Results: Do you like loud pipes?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • WHAT?! I can't hear you, I have loud pipes!

6 33.33%
  • Some sound but not over doing it

10 55.56%
  • Stock pipes

2 11.11%
  • I wish my stock pipes were quieter like an electric car.

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Loud pipes or NO?

Default Loud pipes or NO?

I love some sound on my pipes, I have had crazy loud pipes... right now I just want some sound, don't mind em louder around town but want something I can quiet down for road trips.

YOU?
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

I love loud pipes. But its not just loud, its hard to describe what I like. I had Vance & Hines BSS on my Heritage and I miss them. They were LOUD. I have Kury Crushers on now, I like the way they look, and they sound ok, but not loud enough. Maybe they will get louder with miles. I need to trade bikes with someone again (Rug? ) so I can get a first hand listen
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

I have always loved loud pipes! had them on the chop...had them on my sled...4 wheeler...etc.
    I have the CFR's and the V&H Dresser True Duals on my Harley and I love the sound of my bike! I think it sounds loud and mean when you want it to
    when I'm on the highway doing 80mph or so...it doesn't bother me at all and to me is not as loud as when you get on it...
    I always get compliments on my pipes...and even had a few people ask me where I got them from or a link, so they can buy a set for their bike
    Gas rode with me and said they are loud as fuck! but to me...they are the perfect sound that I was looking for
    I have also had people say that they never heard a bagger sound like that before
    To each their own...I wouldn't trade my pipes and slip ons for anything else!

Stock here. Dave, you ride tail gunner.
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
    Stock here. Dave, you ride tail gunner.
    No problem Don!

That's the thing... on the baggers.. with pipes out the back.

They aren't as loud to the rider on that bike, BUT they do vibrate the seat more.
    To the riders around they will be loud as hell and over sound the other guys bike. I get sick of riding next to some loud guys bike on road trips... I dealt with this many times with caveman's 4" rhineharts.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    That's the thing... on the baggers.. with pipes out the back.

They aren't as loud to the rider on that bike, BUT they do vibrate the seat more.
    To the riders around they will be loud as hell and over sound the other guys bike. I get sick of riding next to some loud guys bike on road trips... I dealt with this many times with caveman's 4" rhineharts.
    looks like I am out then on road trips huh...

I like some tone to my bike but nothing too obnoxious. If I am riding with someone with loud pipes I try to stay in the lead, if they have a problem with that I stay a few bike lengths back.
    Last edited by Remo; 01-24-2013 at 02:16 PM.

I went the loud Rinehart pipe way on my sporty, but then toned it down a lot with the supertrapp. My Buell is obnoxious and dumps out the side right under me. I would like to tone it down a bit and get it to exit down maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by Bagger Dave View Post
    looks like I am out then on road trips huh...
    Well, you're welcome to join, but it might suck when you've got the rear guard and we're chuckin our cigars out, LOL
    _________
    Roll away the dew...