Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NY Gun Ban!!!!

Default NY Gun Ban!!!!

These are the provisions passed last night by the NY Senate.
    It is expected to pass the assembly today and become law!:angry:
    Remember the name ANDREW CUOMO!
    He is our Dictator/Governor and has aspirations of becoming PRESIDENT!
    Do whatever you can politically to stop this man!
    This is no time to do nothing.
    Call then write a follow up to all your reps so this won't happen to you.
    ELECTED OFFICIALS

The New York gun control provisions passed by the Senate late Monday and being considered by the Assembly on Tuesday cover several fronts.
    Gov. Here's What's In The Plan:

-Under current state law, assault weapons are defined by having two "military rifle" features spelled out in the law. The proposal would reduce that to one feature and include the popular pistol grip.
    -Make the unsafe storage of assault weapons a misdemeanor.
    -Mandate a police registry of assault weapons.
    -Establish a state registry for all private sales, with a background check done through a licensed dealer for a fee, excluding sales to immediate relatives.
    -Require a therapist who believes a mental health patient made a credible threat to use a gun illegally to report the threat to a mental health director who would then have to report serious threats to the state Department of Criminal Justice Services. A patient's gun could be taken from him or her.
    -Ban the Internet sale of assault weapons.
    -Restrict ammunition magazines to seven bullets, from the current national standard of 10. Current owners of higher-capacity magazines would have a year to sell them out of state. An owner caught at home with eight or more bullets in a magazine could face a misdemeanor charge.
    -Require that stolen guns be reported within 24 hours. Otherwise, the owner would face a possible misdemeanor.
    -Increase sentences for gun crimes including for taking a gun on school property. The "Webster provision" would increase penalties for shooting first responders. Two firefighters were killed when shot by a person who set a fire in the western New York town of Webster last month. The crime would be punishable by life in prison without parole.
    -Limit the state records law to protect handgun owners from being identified publicly. The provision would allow a handgun permit holder a means to maintain privacy under the Freedom of Information law.
    -Require pistol permit holders or those who will be registered as owners of assault rifles to be recertifies at least every five years to make sure they are still legally able to own the guns.
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

This whole thing makes me angry. These weapons fire exactly the same number of rounds per trigger pull as nearly every pistol. They just look more fearsome. Combined with the fact that Columbine and VA Tech were both perpetrated with standard magazines says to me that this type of legislation will solve exactly zero problems.

The only thing thats promising is the mental health aspect.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Agree
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

Fuck those guys!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Fuck those guys!

X2 , kicking myself for not stocking up. Will do seats for bullets, lol

I know right. Problem is, everybody is stocking up so prices are up as well.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Ya know Don...

NH is really close... they are known to be a constitional state... move.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Tennessee is looking real good. Nice weather, low taxes, friendly gun laws and great riding.
    Thomas Payne

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
    Tennessee is looking real good. Nice weather, low taxes, friendly gun laws and great riding.
    Amen to that bro! Once my kids are in college, we're movin. (will take some convincing for my wife).

Goin where the climate suits my clothes!

_________
    Roll away the dew...

if I moved for something like this... it would be Texas... hands down! Especially in my working field...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"