Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ATTENTION: SERIOUS POST: My friend Matt is MIA

Default ATTENTION: SERIOUS POST: My friend Matt is MIA

Matt.jpg

My friend Matt (Mathew Morris) has been missing for about a week. Last contact from him was Sunday the 13th to our friend Brandon. He had to of left his apartment sometime between late Sunday and early Tuesday since he and his car were gone when I went ot check on him mid day Tuesday. We have a missing person report on file with the Canton PD. He is about 5'10" age:36, between 180 - 200lbs, talks with a noticeable east New Jersey accent (says "yooz" instead of "Yous", "axe" instead of "ask" etc), wears glasses, his hair has very noticeable grey streaks despite only being in his 30's. Maybe wearing a light blue Seton Hall Pirates ball cap (it wasn't found in his apt when we looked), he'd likely be wearing work/hiking boots and grungy looking black pants. His car was found in the Emagine Theater lot. We've searched the retention ponds & woods behind the theater, the retention ponds and woods behind Wal Mart across the street. We've shown his picture around Wal Mart, Home Depot, the coney island he frequented, at the theater. We've called all the hospitals (St Marry's, St Joe's, UofM, Annapolis Garden City, etc) at this point looking for him or a John Doe matching his description.

If you see or hear anything please call the Canton PD at 734-394-5400

Thank you for any information you might have and please pass this along to anyone you know in SE Michigan

Seton_Hall_logo.jpg
    Last edited by Nobody; 01-21-2013 at 01:05 AM.
    "Too smart for the low brows, too crude for the highbrows."
    "Malo periculosum libertatem quam quietum servitium."
    "I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery."

Damn, I hope he turns up quick.

Sorry to hear this....hope they find him

I will keep an eye out for him up here.

Damn man. Hopefully there police get some good news soon.

In the mean time I put it on the front page for you!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

I will keep an eye out, I travel that area frequently and know all of the places you listed in the OP. Hopefully he is just hiding out for a few days. If he has a cell phone you might want to get in touch with his carrier, they can trace calls & messages to specific towers.

Sorry to hear this......maybe its like Remo said, just hiding out a bit. I'll keep an open eye as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    I will keep an eye out, I travel that area frequently and know all of the places you listed in the OP. Hopefully he is just hiding out for a few days. If he has a cell phone you might want to get in touch with his carrier, they can trace calls & messages to specific towers.
    His phone was found in his apt, dead. Last outgoing activity was the txt's from the 13th The police are tracking down his family in NJ and out in Vegas. And they've not seen any activity on his bank account. They're going to be getting a hold of the security camera footage from Emagine to see if they can spot when his car showed up in the lot and what direction he might have started wandering. Channel 4 ran a story on Sunday's 11pm news. A friend said Channel 2 ran a story Mon morning, as of Monday afternoon the Observe&Eccentric have the story up on their site, and another friend said one of the AM radio stations has run the story as well. Tuesday we're going to check around at any homeless shelter type place and hit the hospitals again. His diabetes meds were still in his apt so we're hoping for the best, but starting to preparing for the worst at this point.

Wow man. What the hell.

Update: The Observer Eccentric spoke with my friend Mandy and will be running a print article in addition to the online article. A dog search of the woods behind the theater has been done with no results. My other friend Nora and some of my other friends did more canvasing up and down Ford Rd. Every place they stopped let them post a flyer with Matt's picture EXCEPT Emagine Theater where his car was found (they wouldn't even put h flyer & pic up back in the employee breakroom). I have also heard that the detective handling the case has had to seek a court order to get to look at the security camera videos.
    Needless to say I won't be watching movies at Emagine anymore since they're pulling a dick move like this.

Last edited by Nobody; 01-23-2013 at 11:57 AM.