View Poll Results: What's the hottest temp you've ever rode in?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • 80-90*

0 0%
  • 90-100*

1 9.09%
  • 100-120*

9 81.82%
  • Over 120* because I ride on the sun!

1 9.09%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the hottest temp you've ever rode in?

Default What's the hottest temp you've ever rode in?

For me it would probably be a 100* day rolling out to Penn down the turnpike. It was one of those high humidity days and the turnpike was blistering hot. It was killing me, caveman and the wives.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

I have rode in some hot temps over 100* but it's rare and I don't like it. So that is the hottest range. however, I typically won't ride much in the above 93*'ish range.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    For me it would probably be a 100* day rolling out to Penn down the turnpike. It was one of those high humidity days and the turnpike was blistering hot. It was killing me, caveman and the wives.
    Yeah, I remember that day. Not to mention the nice fresh clean black asphalt just putting some heat out baking us from the bottom while the sun cooked us from above. However, when I was in TX I remember a couple days when I first started riding that reached about 110+. Didn't stay on the road long, needless to say.
    Caveman

Here's my 10, my 2 are free

Didn't TX at least give you less humidity? Or no?
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

It would depend on what part of Tx you were in. West Tx is a little dryer but where I rode to and from the base at in Central Tx pretty much the rest of the way east is all fairly green and more humid as you go.
    Caveman

Here's my 10, my 2 are free

I rode daily from march to October one year. I got soaked to socks more time than I can remember. There were days in July that were so hot I wanted to put the kick stand down and step off the damm bike at traffic signals. I try to avoid anything over 90, its just not fun, even on days like today when I think about missed rides. I've seen 3-5 bikes out already today, 2 are sitting on the bar parking lot by the house.

back in the late '80's we had just about a week of 100* weather. i was living in the medical center by receiving hostpital at the time and rode out to p&p cycle on ford rd. my clutch cable broke just as i made the left into the parking lot. wouldn't you know they didn't have a clutch cable to fit my "75 cb750. rosenau was still on michigan and john daily, i walked there and back to p&p with a clutch cable boy was it hot at 102* this summer i rode to ft. wayne to wing ding 34 it was 96* when i left home 102* when i got to ohio and 104 when i finally made it to ft. wayne
    william

Rode the Blue Ridge 3 years ago June. They were having a heat wave. 90's on the parkway and 105 down below.
    My riding bud (not Earl) left and came home the morning of the second day. I ventured onward by myself.
    Left Mt Pisgah at 6am to ride home it was already 80 degrees. My first fuel was at 9am and the temp was mid 90's.
    12noon lunch was about 106 and when I rolled thru Pittsburgh at about 4:30pm it was still 97 degrees.
    Got home about 7pm and after 780 miles and gallons of water I was whiped out.
    Not a cloud in the sky all day long. Spent the entire next day inside with the shades drawn and got drunk.
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
    Rode the Blue Ridge 3 years ago June. They were having a heat wave. 90's on the parkway and 105 down below.
    My riding bud (not Earl) left and came home the morning of the second day. I ventured onward by myself.
    Left Mt Pisgah at 6am to ride home it was already 80 degrees. My first fuel was at 9am and the temp was mid 90's.
    12noon lunch was about 106 and when I rolled thru Pittsburgh at about 4:30pm it was still 97 degrees.
    Got home about 7pm and after 780 miles and gallons of water I was whiped out.
    Not a cloud in the sky all day long. Spent the entire next day inside with the shades drawn and got drunk.
    Great story!!!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

100+ range. I was down in Illinois this summer back when it got hot enough in spors to make the roads buckle from thermal expansion. I learned my lesson, if it's even mildly humid I won't crawl out from under my rock if it gets over 85/90 if I can avoid it. Just too damn miserable at that point.
    "Too smart for the low brows, too crude for the highbrows."
    "Malo periculosum libertatem quam quietum servitium."
    "I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery."