Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: What's your Favorite cheap mod?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brownstown, MI
    Posts
    16,619

    Question What's your Favorite cheap mod?

    Ya know the mod you did that didn't cost you hardly anything or maybe you made yourself?

    It could be something cool or something for comfort. What is it?
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

    "Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    3,140

    Default

    My belt buckle mod on my Road King to cover up my license plate holes. I have another belt buckle ready to go for the Ultra (110 anniv belt buckle) once the tour pack gets detached and I can relocate the plate below the tail light

    _________
    Roll away the dew...


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brownstown, MI
    Posts
    16,619

    Default

    You won't need that mod on your Ultra. The detach kit comes with a plate relocation that holds it above the tail light. Then if you want to relocate it below the light, just don't use those bits and buy a plate mount for down there. If you are retaining your stock blinker bar, it's a cheap part out of drag for under $20.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

    "Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    B-town Mich
    Posts
    901

    Default

    I would have to say my little foamy grips being the cheapest on my bike and that was after Gas showed me how comfy they were. Until then I thought they were cheap and poopy looking.

    I know what Gas' mod is; the Bottle Opener tank lift on his wife's sporty.
    Caveman

    Here's my 10, my 2 are free

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    3,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    You won't need that mod on your Ultra. The detach kit comes with a plate relocation that holds it above the tail light. Then if you want to relocate it below the light, just don't use those bits and buy a plate mount for down there. If you are retaining your stock blinker bar, it's a cheap part out of drag for under $20.
    Yep, I get that, but I think I still want to put it there anyway, even with no holes.

    Do you have a link to the drag part? I usually use a Softbrake part, then I get a Radiantz LED lic plate frame.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    3,140

    Default

    I also like yanking the reflectors off new bikes. Cathartic and cheap.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    B-town Mich
    Posts
    901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    I also like yanking the reflectors off new bikes. Cathartic and cheap.
    Thats always a must.
    Caveman

    Here's my 10, my 2 are free

  8. #8

    Default

    Custom lazer cut holes in my sprocket cover.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brownstown, MI
    Posts
    16,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    I would have to say my little foamy grips being the cheapest on my bike and that was after Gas showed me how comfy they were. Until then I thought they were cheap and poopy looking.

    I know what Gas' mod is; the Bottle Opener tank lift on his wife's sporty.
    The foamy grips are super cool and for under $8, super cheap.

    I get more compliments on the Nightster gas tanker riser made from a bottle opener.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    Yep, I get that, but I think I still want to put it there anyway, even with no holes.

    Do you have a link to the drag part? I usually use a Softbrake part, then I get a Radiantz LED lic plate frame.

    Here's a black one from Kury
    http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/417...se-Plate-Mount

    Quote Originally Posted by Thruxtonbill View Post
    Custom lazer cut holes in my sprocket cover.

    That looks awesome!!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

    "Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

  10. #10

    Default

    Dam I read cheap mod and i was sure this would be a complain about gas man thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •