View Poll Results: How many miles in a day on a MC trip?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nice & slow back roads, I don't have a busy life and can live the dream.

3 20.00%
  • Less than 300 miles

1 6.67%
  • 300-500 miles

5 33.33%
  • 500-600 miles

4 26.67%
  • 600-800 miles

2 13.33%
  • 800-999 miles

0 0%
  • over 1k miles because everywhere I go I go with Iron Balls

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many miles a day?

I think the 500 is the spot for most people...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Prefer 200-350 mile days on secondary roads, but if we need to eat some miles on the interstate, 500-600 is ok. I think one time we did right around 900 and we were pretty beat.

One up is a whole different story. I can knock out 700 miles in less time than 500 when riding with the wife...lol...go faster, stop less, shorter stops.

I picked the slow backroads, that being said I will run long and hard on the Interstates if need to get somewhere. Have done 5 Ironbutt Saddlesore 1000's, (less than 24 hours). My best one day was 1400 miles in 22 hours but I was totally done in after that, fell onto the lawn with the bike on top when stopped in the driveway. I do find that pushing hard on day one leads to tapering off on sucessive days. 3-500 would seem to be more reasonable. Oh, and my miles are not run on a typical touring bike!
    Old age and treachery ALWAYS overcome youth and skill! Growing old is mandatory- growing up is OPTIONAL! I.B.A. #26543.

Quote Originally Posted by SportstersPaul View Post
    I picked the slow backroads, that being said I will run long and hard on the Interstates if need to get somewhere. Have done 5 Ironbutt Saddlesore 1000's, (less than 24 hours). My best one day was 1400 miles in 22 hours but I was totally done in after that, fell onto the lawn with the bike on top when stopped in the driveway. I do find that pushing hard on day one leads to tapering off on sucessive days. 3-500 would seem to be more reasonable. Oh, and my miles are not run on a typical touring bike!
    I'm there with you man. My sporty just keeps rolling like a box of zig-zags.
    "Too smart for the low brows, too crude for the highbrows."
    "Malo periculosum libertatem quam quietum servitium."
    "I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery."

I like to keep my days around 500-550, still gives you some time at the end of the day to kick back and relax before you hit the hay, but there have been times like GasMan mentioned when you're trying to get home that I've had some 700 to 800 mi days.

I find the light at the end of the tunnel being getting home will drive you hard and fast for long distances...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"