Thread: Street Magic LED kit install

Default Street Magic LED kit install

My neighbor, Tom, enlisted me to help wire up his trike with LEDs. He has one of the nicest trikes I've seen and he has done everything very tasteful with his mods. But damn he has some serious money wrapped up in this thing!!

Anyway... 2 puck 360* lights + 10 small lights + 6 long strips = 16 LEDs

Wiring nightmare!! Nightmare because you're trying to keep everything hidden and clean. Book time for a qualified, yes trained by street magic, is 6 hours. Took us 8 but got really slowed down with the lower fairing LEDs which neither of us have ever seen done. I think Tom snuck in a few more LEDs than the normal "6 hour job", because we did all the locations told to him but still had 4 extra lights. I think the stock setup is 12 lights. LOL

We had to remove the rear wheels, seat, gas tank, and side cover.

Tom here doin work

First we temp ran all the wiring and tapped the lights into place. Here's a shot of the lights under the rear fenders.

I said nightmare!

These are like small household telephone wire...

Ran the wires inside the stock wiring box on the backbone. Talk about a BUNCH of wires!! We added 6 more!

Got it all wired up and put in place under the side cover. With this, his load equalizer for LED blinkers, power commander 5 + auto tune, the electric reverse jazz... lots of stuff and not allot of room.

We ended up with the..
    two 360* pucks on the back side of each (2) front calipers
    + one under the neck/top of crash bar mount - facing the back of the front fender
    + one above the front rocker box - aiming down to the motor
    + one inside each lower fairing - aimed at the sides of the motor. This one was all us, we haven't seen this before, it took some serious effort to run these wires clean, but MAN what a difference.
    + one under each plastic rear cylinder thigh protector thing - one aimed at the rear exhaust pipe & trans cover, the other side aimed at the side of the motor.
    + two under the back side of the tourpack - lighting the trunk.
    + 3 long LED strips inside each rear fender, totaling 6 - bathing the entire rear rim and everything under the bike back there.

Rear of rear fender

The LED behind the rear wheel, shines the rim itself from behind, and the LED in front of the rear tire.

It turned out AMAZING!! It does like 10 colors... the red is the nicest because not only does it match the bike but it's also the least bright which makes it nicely subtle.

I only took a few pics of dark blue.. just to show some contrast.

I'm super excited as to how well it turned out and Tom is beyond happy. He said that has finished off his bike and he can't wait to show it off. I'm not normally into the glowing stuff, but it turned out great and fits the bike well.
    Last edited by Gas Man; 11-22-2012 at 12:00 AM.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

That is amazing, Chris! I want to do something like this on my bike - much less elaborate, just the engine area.

I went to http://www.streetmagicleds.com and I got a virus warning, LOL.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Wow! good work! that blue looks pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    That is amazing, Chris! I want to do something like this on my bike - much less elaborate, just the engine area.

I went to http://www.streetmagicleds.com and I got a virus warning, LOL.
    I feel them on the virus issues. Damn.

My dealer has a great selection of the street magic lights.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    I feel them on the virus issues. Damn.

My dealer has a great selection of the street magic lights.
    Which, Biker Bobs? I guess we can tackle the LEDs when we tackle my Biketronics audio upgrades.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

just in time for christmas, now just throw in some green lights and hook them up to the speakers !! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    Which, Biker Bobs? I guess we can tackle the LEDs when we tackle my Biketronics audio upgrades.
    yeah biker Bobs. And that's good. No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by junkyardjon View Post
    just in time for christmas, now just throw in some green lights and hook them up to the speakers !! LOL
    Thats an idea!!!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"