Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1985 Kawasaki Ninja ZX600-A aka 600R

Default Re: 1985 Kawasaki Ninja ZX600-A aka 600R

I bought an adjustment screw and speedo cable from my local dealer, it will be here Tuesday so thanks, but i got everything i need for now.
    ~Boomer, 2001 SV650s.

So i got all the wiring fixed, spent about 3hrs working on that, and i ordered the clutch parts ant the speedo cable which should be here by tuesday and installed by wednesday afternoon.

I washed and waxed her and took some photos, let me know what you think.

White wheels are a PITA to clean...

~Boomer, 2001 SV650s.

looking good!
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Sh*t... WHAT A RIDE!"

I think it's great to be bringing a bike back from the dead like that. Great learning experience, and you'll certainly appreciated riding it, knowing what it took to get her goin. Well done bro.

Glad you got the parts you needed. Bet you can't wait to get 'er on the road!
    A bike on the road is worth two in the garage.

Soo one day i was out riding and my bike decides to overheat while waiting through 10 fricken cycles of a signal... grrrrr

well this causes an O-ring to break and coolant to leak all over the top of my engine and down into the spark plugs.

The spark plugs start shorting to the block and i lose all hp... grrr slower than a 50cc ...

So now i have to fix the leak and hope it helps the performance.

I thought it was the spark plugs (before i found the leak), so i changed those, good for about 10 min before enough coolant built up to short the wires.

cleaned the carbs (before i found the leak) helped for about a min, then got worse than ever... grrrr

tried some seafoam (still before i found the leak) didnt help much...

then i found it leaking out the side of the head through a hole that drains from the spark plug holes

So i traced the leak back and found out there is a hard pipe going into the thermostat just above the engine. SO that is dripping down on the spark plugs and causing them to short, at least i hope thats the power loss problem... GRRR...

all in all the past week has been very frustrating with the bike, but i hope things get better.
    ~Boomer, 2001 SV650s.

You have more patience than me, I would have set the damn thing ablaze and left it for dead after something like that happening. I appreciate your effort with that bike because it's been a great learning experience so far, but if episodes like that continue you should just cut your losses and find a different bike.

I cut my losses and found a different bike
    ~Boomer, 2001 SV650s.