Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1985 Kawasaki Ninja ZX600-A aka 600R

Default 1985 Kawasaki Ninja ZX600-A aka 600R

I thought id start a project thread

Its cutting off my pictures oh well ya get the idea, and if you want to see the full photos, click on them and get there url and paste it into your address bar

To start off, I am a poor college student who cant afford crap, so all my mods and stuff will be cheap and home grown stuff.

Also my bike is OLD, and used. Its a 1985 Kawasaki Ninja 600R, title says that already.

And its my first bike

Here it is-

It was low sided on both sides, and its got some major road rash. Here are some close ups-

And the tank is rusty and had a leak in it, which i fixed, and then i painted the entire underside with anti rust paint in semi-flat black. Here it is before-

Here it is after the paint and repair-

It has a tinted wind screen

And front semi flushies-

And a aftermarket fuel filter, which will get replaced soon

Here it is at home -

I got some integrated mirrors (I already installed them, ill post pics of them installed later)

Plans are to ride it and have fun, then get something bigger eventually, and then possibly track this one :P we will see how things work out. feedback is appreciated. any suggestions on what i should do with it? mods? im thinking new exhaust, but idk for sure. It will probably be painted, idk though. So let me know what ya think.
    ~Boomer, 2001 SV650s.

Default Re: 1985 Kawasaki Ninja ZX600-A aka 600R

I like this...

A project bike. You can have tons of fun on that.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Sh*t... WHAT A RIDE!"

I've seen much worse damage and still have a workable project bike. Just make sure it's straight, like the forks and frame, so it's safe at speed. Nice work on the tank, and I like those mirrors! You should be able to find pipes pretty easily for that bike, as well as a carb kit. Those are real decent machines, and certainly worthy of a restovication project! Keep us posted! BTW, I do have a four port vaccuum gage, if you or anyone here needs one when it's time to synch the carbs.

I got it up and running, check out this vid of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyFmdda9AnE
    ~Boomer, 2001 SV650s.

Wow, that sucker fired to life the MILLISECOND you turned the key, as if to say, "THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!" ;D

Looks like you've got a good bike to work with!

Just gotta ask one question. Is that a car in your garage ? All these years I've had a garage, I never thought to put a car in it ! LOL I never seem to have room for one.
    Some days your the windshield, some days your the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by sarge
    Looks like you've got a good bike to work with!

Just gotta ask one question. Is that a car in your garage ? All these years I've had a garage, I never thought to put a car in it ! LOL I never seem to have room for one.
    Actually no, i got a rare chance when on cars were in the garage. we use the garage for cars and cars only, this is the first motorcycle to be in there, so im fighting for space. I got a chance to take this vid when everybody left and i could take this vid.
    ~Boomer, 2001 SV650s.

We got two cars and two bikes in my garage. i don't take snow off my car. In the summer I won't mind leaving it outside, but the winter, heck no. And since bikes can be put on the side and the cars still fit well...

and I like the clean look of the house with no cars in the driveway... yup, I am becoming a yuppie.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Sh*t... WHAT A RIDE!"

Say it with me...

P
    I
    N
    G
    L
    E

PINGLE

^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

It needs a new filter... ill look into those, although im probably going with whatever cheapest, i mean the bike never had one originally so its not like im hurting anything, as long as it flows enough and isnt gummed up like the one on there now.

Also, new video of the exhaust.... im thinking of hacking it off and doing a costume chamber muffler

lmk what ya think.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deYZ4Ui5EcM

[flash=480,380:1gzkfhyx]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deYZ4Ui5EcM[/flash:1gzkfhyx]
    ~Boomer, 2001 SV650s.