Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soft lowers test run!

Default Soft lowers test run!

Slipped these on the bars this morning and did just under a 100 mile ride. Love it! Feet and lower legs stayed much warmer without the cold wind blowing on me as much. When I left this morning the temp was showing 33* so........they worked good.
    Takes about 30 sec. to put on or take off. Throw them in the saddlebags and I'll have them handy in case I need them. HD soft lowers $89......(made in china)
    Here's a few shitty pics I took this morning... Oh and P.S.........I think I was the Only Schmuck out this morning. Didn't see any one riding.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Moesride; 11-03-2012 at 02:33 PM.

Nice im thinking about pickint these up. I think they would help on a long trip if you know your going to be in the rain for a while

I had the ones from http://www.airlite.ca, very nice, and they worked great.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

cool Moe

Yeah Moe, HD has those for years... they use to be cheaper till they redesigned them a bit and doubled the price. The new ones are a bit nicer but still...

Kosher... the only thing I like more about those airlights is that they are made in the USA, otherwise the one piece design looks like more of a PITA. Further I don't like the screen in the middle...

But hey... I wouldn't mind seeing them in person either.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Yeah Moe, HD has those for years... they use to be cheaper till they redesigned them a bit and doubled the price. The new ones are a bit nicer but still...

Kosher... the only thing I like more about those airlights is that they are made in the USA, otherwise the one piece design looks like more of a PITA. Further I don't like the screen in the middle...

But hey... I wouldn't mind seeing them in person either.
    The Airlites are made in Canada (The web site saus "made in North America". .CA is a Canadian domain). I never had a problem with getting them on, very quick, and well made.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

and people laugh at me because i have a sewing machine... i need to made a set of them for my goldwing. let me know if the side zipper un-does it's self. i like the little pouch idea.

The little pouches are one of the upgrades that they did when they (HD) changed them.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

So far the side zippers haven't moved. Only have a couple hundred miles on them so can't really make a solid call!

Been riding with these same soft lowers the past few days and they are awesome. I'm actually really thinking about getting some hard lowers for the bike now.
    Formerly known as Rugby66x