Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to me

Good for you Greg, have you actually decided what A/C to put on it?
    Old age and treachery ALWAYS overcome youth and skill! Growing old is mandatory- growing up is OPTIONAL! I.B.A. #26543.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    Sweet, I like the exhaust
    I agree with Kosher....exhaust is awesome! Nice bike, Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by SportstersPaul View Post
    Good for you Greg, have you actually decided what A/C to put on it?
    Paul, It appears to be a small World out here!! Regards TM2.

Nice!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Man View Post
    Paul, It appears to be a small World out here!! Regards TM2.
    Dennis, was pleased to see you post over here, we need to do a breakfast run soon.........................
    Old age and treachery ALWAYS overcome youth and skill! Growing old is mandatory- growing up is OPTIONAL! I.B.A. #26543.

Buells are good bikes. I think that Harley didn't want to concentrate on them too much to take awayfrom their cruisers. They're versatile little bikes that you can't really go wrong with.

Quote Originally Posted by ahernandez74 View Post
    Buells are good bikes. I think that Harley didn't want to concentrate on them too much to take awayfrom their cruisers. They're versatile little bikes that you can't really go wrong with.

Harley, and by that I mean the dealers, never really knew what to do with them. They were bikes that really took away from their core cruiser sales. A few years back I walked into a Harley dealership with a couple grand in cash, great credit, and every intention of buying a Buell. Instead of showing me the bike I wanted, the guy explained why the lightning I wanted was the wrong bike for me and preceded to show me some sportsters and dynas. I went to 2 other local dealerships and was given the exact same treatment. Instead I wound up buying an 8 year old CBR 2 weeks later for cash.

I rode a White Lightening on a demo ride around the airport in Honolulu back in 97-98. Pulled up on my FXRP and hopped on the buell. One of their salesmen led the demo ride. At the first red light almost did an endo after grabing a handful of the front Brembo! Not only can these things fly, but their binders are world class! It took us about 3 minutes to get around the airport (4.5 miles) and like any other thrill ride, was over way too fast. Good luck on the scoot, and stay upright!
    Life is too short to abide stupidity, strive to educate someone today, including yourself!

I have rode my bud Mark's XB a few times and I love it. It's a beast of a bike. I have a not so secret love affair with Buells.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"