Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Proposal 2

Exclamation Proposal 2

as a union member I would recommend voting YES on 2 Please help your fellows to make it possible to never allow Collective Bargaining to be put in question again. It is one of our greatest tools to keep the big guys from putting their hand in our pocket to make thiers fatter.

Soapbox stepped off and put away. That is all

Caveman
    Caveman

Here's my 10, my 2 are free

agreed.
    Formerly known as Rugby66x

I feel that this protects grossly over paid State workers in certain departments (and if it can be miss used in any regard, It is off my "yes" list). Excessive public employee benefits are destroying the finances of local and state governments nationwide, It's in the news almost daily.

Here are the all the proposals.

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/St...s_145801_7.pdf
    Last edited by Chain; 10-05-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Raised my family on union wages. Sure as hell didnt get rich.
    Kept my family healthy on union benefits.
    I earned it.
    I deserved it.
    My employer got a fair days work for a fair days pay plus they got 29 of the best years of my life.
    Vote to protect collective bargaining!
    If your jealous of union wages and benefits that we negotiated over the last 29 years then quit your loser job and get a good one. We earned what we have.
    NO I do NOT have anything to do with the UAW.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgrider View Post
    Raised my family on union wages. Sure as hell didnt get rich.
    Kept my family healthy on union benefits.
    I earned it.
    I deserved it.
    My employer got a fair days work for a fair days pay plus they got 29 of the best years of my life.
    Vote to protect collective bargaining!
    If your jealous of union wages and benefits that we negotiated over the last 29 years then quit your loser job and get a good one. We earned what we have.
    NO I do NOT have anything to do with the UAW.
    I didn't say anything negative here..... Your confrontational reply is surprising, as I didn't think it was PROPOSAL 2 or FUK OFF!!!

I am entitled to my own opinion. As are you, and I respect that, and in return I'd expect the same.

As for my "loser job" I will guarantee it's far from that.... I'd happily compare in private over a beer, if you'd demand such. "WE" is a very relative word... you use it loosely. A good portion of my friends and close family work, or worked for the state or GM/OLDs. So I do have a little insight... And never had a beef with any of them on any issue we may agree or disagree.

I am sorry for you, if I offended you.
    Last edited by Chain; 10-05-2012 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chaingunner View Post
    I didn't say anything negative here..... Your confrontational reply is surprising, as I didn't think it was PROPOSAL 2 or FUK OFF!!!

I am entitled to my own opinion. As are you, and I respect that, and in return I'd expect the same.

As for my "loser job" I will guarantee it's far from that.... I'd happily compare in private over a beer, if you'd demand such. "WE" is a very relative word... you use it loosely. A good portion of my friends and close family work, or worked for the state or GM/OLDs. So I do have a little insight... And never had a beef with any of them on any issue we may agree or disagree.

I am sorry for you, if I offended you.

Easy there big fella I didn't quote you therefore it makes my statement a general Statement. Feeling guilty ? Take it easy. Although your statement does sound like it leans to not approving of unions. But none the less I don't hide my thoughts and those were my thoughts. And if my thoughts offend anybody bummer. Me being confrontational about things I believe in should be no surprise. There are union haters everywhere in this state now because of the UAW and most recently the attacks on teachers in this state. Am I a little touchy about the union haters ? Yes. Im 3 years away from 32 years of service and retirement and tricky DICK!!! is trying to fuck me out of the promise that the state of Michigan made to me 29 years ago. I earned every freaking penny of my pension.
    Last edited by Hawgrider; 10-05-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Didn't quote me, just directly after my post, and not one thing was said prior to the contrary about prop2... sounds like your a little on the "Tricky Dicky" side??? I guess I need to spell out such things so there are NO conclusions or assumptions...

I DON'T HATE UNIONS!!!!!

There better? BIG GUY!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgrider View Post
    Easy there big fella I didn't quote you therefore it makes my statement a general Statement. Feeling guilty ? Take it easy. Although your statement does sound like it leans to not approving of unions. But none the less I don't hide my thoughts and those were my thoughts. And if my thoughts offend anybody bummer. Me being confrontational about things I believe in should be no surprise. There are union haters everywhere in this state now because of the UAW and most recently the attacks on teachers in this state. Am I a little touchy about the union haters ? Yes. Im 3 years away from 32 years of service and retirement and tricky DICK!!! is trying to fuck me out of the promise that the state of Michigan made to me 29 years ago. I earned every freaking penny of my pension.
    Didn't quote me, just directly after my post, and not one thing was said prior to the contrary about prop2... sounds like your a little on the "Tricky Dicky" side??? I guess I need to spell out such things so there are NO conclusions or assumptions...

I DON'T HATE UNIONS!!!!!

There better? BIG FELLA!

Im votin YES "1 man 1 vote"

Cant go with this one.

I think Collective bargaining can be good, but dont think it belongs in the Constitution.