Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: sick deer

Default sick deer

Had a sick deer yesterday walk head on into our east line fence, it couldn't jump over or back up, it just stood there like a zombe, the o/l called the county and they came over and put it down, the cop said that was the 5th one he had done yesterday I don't think I will harvest any to eat this season, but thats just me, what does everyone else think?

http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/i...95640x4802.jpg
    Last edited by BLUESMAN; 09-25-2012 at 03:07 AM. Reason: add photo

Might have been bovine TB. I know that was/is and issue from a few years back.
    "Too smart for the low brows, too crude for the highbrows."
    "Malo periculosum libertatem quam quietum servitium."
    "I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery."

WOW, yeah that is scary...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

It could have just been weak and sick in general. Tb is very rare and bovine wasting disease is even more rare. You can harvest all you want. You will know if it has either once you get up to your kill. I processed about 500 dear a year for 6 years and we never jad either come in and never heard of any hunters coming across any. They are tasty so shoot away my friend.

dude it is totally chronic wasting disease. big time problem right now. 2 issues right now both based on overpopulation of deer:

1. Mild winter lead to big time breeding by the deer
    2. Drought this summer has lead to not a lot of food for the deer

So the deer are undernourished and on the move to find food. So the deer - car - bike - truck accidents will be way up this year. I have probably already seen about 500 deer in areas where typically I might see about 10-30. They are way overpopulated. Stack em and whack em. TB is way down but could go back up based on the conditions. TB is easy to check for - white spots on the lungs. All the deer I see this year you can see their ribs and they are way undernourished.

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7...910---,00.html
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7...0--RSS,00.html

Actually its probably EHD... We've found quite a few. A buddy of mine found 13 dead just the other day, 6 bucks! Nice ones too. Our property is only 4 miles from his, but we've only found 1 fawn dead. I guess this causes them to get super delirious.

i blame bill gates..... ahahahahahahahahahaha just kidding

maybe the zomie stories are true and it's time to start blasting, people included.

yes it is EHD land owners have found over 1600 dead deer here in ionia county alone, that number is going up everyday, a bunch of us got together at hill top sport shop, we are thinking of keeping our guns and bows on the wall for a season to try and let them get the deer pop, up again, this pass weekend a farmer 1/2 mile from me found 14 dead laying around a swamp on his land, the deer try and get to water because they are burning up from the inside out, they last about two days, then just lay down and die,, all from a fly bite,, the sooner we get some frost the sooner it will be over

Bluesman, were just across the northern boarder of Ionia county, and we've had two frosts, one last week, and yesterday morning.... so it should be done soon. We haven't found much ourselves, but we have friends that have prop in Ionia c, and theyre hanging up there shit for the season. If you drive thru Ionia, you can smell death! It's disgusting!

Ya cwd is comparable to mad cow and effects the brain in a different way than ehd. I did a 10 page report on cwd for bio and really grossed my class out when I brought in a healthy dear brain for show and tell.
    Formerly known as Rugby66x