Thread: Seats/Backrests

Question Seats/Backrests

Hey everybody, I was just looking for a little insight here. I'm facing a decent tour - a week and half gone - and I wanted some experienced riders to tell me what's what. My partner is considering getting a new mustang motorcycle seat for the trip - I'm fine with this, but I don't want it to affect the trip. What if he gets sore and doesn't want to suck it up and ride anymore? Anyway, I just wanted to ask if anyone has any experience with mustang seats. They are comfortable right? How long do you think it will take to break in, so to speak? Do you think he'll encounter any major problems? I would love any and all insight!

First off welcome!!

The mustang seats are AMAZING seats. There isn't a break in. Seats don't break in. That's a corbin thing, and it doesn't break in, your butt gets use to the firmness of the corbin. The mustang seat, in my opinion, is a much better seat. I have one on my wife's Nightster and it was way better than the HD.

HD seat

Mustang on right

Mustang on bottom

Mustang seat
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

I have the same seat Chris. It is awesome. When I first got it I thought it was hard, but that was actually a good thing. It is firm enough to keep you from sitting on the seat pan, unlike the pillow the bike came with.

For me the HD seat where it bends up at the rear of the seat, just behind your butt. There is leather there but not cushion, it's just air under the leather. Shitty IMO
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

I went with the Lepera (Aviator), I've had several over the years, and they've NEVER let me down. Both have Gel in them. The passenger pillon comes off for those times I ride one up. (Not often) Very comfortable seats. We've got over 5k this year on this seat, and it's made it so my wife can easily do 400 miles in a day. Which is good, she could before, but with LESS comfort.

Not the best pic, I was in a hurry.

For me I have the ultra seat for long trips. That thing is about the best you can get.

Otherwise around town I have a standard street glide seat.

Corbin has revamped there closed cell foam seats for the pussies that can't get used to a saddle not a seat. I have tried mustangs and hated them so its a preference thing like opinions. I'm on my fifth corbin and wont have anything else. But it would be nice if you got 1000 mile refund from all seat manufacturers.