Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sportsbikers aches/pains?

Default Re: Sportsbikers aches/pains?

thanks guys for all the replies, i just want to say that im not looking to get a different bike till late summer, but i just was curious about your guys experience.

Thanks for sharing, im sure after this summer ill have some stories to tell as well.
    ~Boomer, 2001 SV650s.

Default Re: Sportsbikers aches/pains?

Hey Boomer,

Just noticed your knee surgery comment, and while I'm sure it's far worse than what happened to me, I did notice that after my crash when my knee was tore up, it would get allot more sore/stiff from riding. Helped to stretch it often at lights. That was also last year, right after, so I'm hoping this year it will be much easier.

I don't know how tall you are, but being rather long legged myself, my legs tend to cramp up bad on long rides on my FZ. It helps to stretch every hour or so. Back/neck get achy too sometimes, but I am allot older than you, too, ha ha.
    The upright riding position on the FZ though is very comfortable, and I usually have no problems with my arms, wrists and hands. Overall, I think its a great bike for both tooling around and longer distance rides.
    A bike on the road is worth two in the garage.

Depending on how i ride i get aches and pains.. an all day twisty ride i will get home and have to lay on the couch for a bit in pain.. if i do a slab run it gets worse.. the track usually i am good except my legs hurt for several days depending on if i keep them in shape or not..

but yes i would say i definitely experience aches and pains associated with riding a sport bike..

I ride a Kawasaki ex500. It has a fairly upright riding position. I've ridden for the better part of the day on several occasions. It was a little rough at first, but I think that also had to do with me being a new rider. After a little while, it wasn't so bad and had me thinking about taking 2hr plus trips. I have been playing around with the idea of buying a "true" sport bike, but I am not sure if I want to sacrifice that comfort for speed.

Every time I ride for a while, something new aches. The next time I ride for a while, that part feels fine. It's called 'getting stronger!'

I know a 50 year old man that rides a CBR600RR 500 miles or more on a regular basis. Makes me feel like a wuss.
    You might be like, I'm confused, what's the attraction?
    But some dudes just love to lose traction.

Like any club that has grown too large, [motorcycling] has become mired in vacuous debates and split into a thousand splinter factions. Older riders hate squids; cruisers hate sport riders; Harley riders hate everyone, including themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by mishima View Post
    I ride a Kawasaki ex500. It has a fairly upright riding position. I've ridden for the better part of the day on several occasions. It was a little rough at first, but I think that also had to do with me being a new rider. After a little while, it wasn't so bad and had me thinking about taking 2hr plus trips. I have been playing around with the idea of buying a "true" sport bike, but I am not sure if I want to sacrifice that comfort for speed.
    There are plenty of other non SS style bikes for options
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"