Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My 2012 yard project

Default My 2012 yard project

I have been talking about this for a few weeks...

Well I have had this same story a bunch of times... wind + 25yr old cedar fence and you get this...

So I'm sick of it!

I am also sick of it taking 2 hours to water my grass after work...

I am also sick that half my backyard was rocks, that were put there 20 years ago by the city.

So last year we moved all the rocks out... some to the front yard, some to caveman, some to the neighbors, and lots to my bud across town...

I realized I didn't want to tackle the fence myself. Plus the contractor vinyl fencing is better quality than the lowes/home depot junk. Took on a bunch of estimates... signed with some contractors...

217' of fencing, one 10' gate in the back, one 4' gate in the front, removal of all the old fencing & footings, and haul away. Lifetime warranty, local company, and the owner lives 3 blocks away...

Fence dropping

Pulling footings

More fence dropped

Trimmed all this...

From my neighbors trees here.

New fence posts

More footings out and starting to throw in those new ones...

Drop em in...

the fence posts have alum inserts for strength

Getting there..

Coming up after the fence is done... landscape contractor...

drainage tile, a crock on each end, overflow to the city storm sewer, 2 yards of lime stone to cover drain tile, 15 yards of top soil, sprinklers in front & back yard, sod 1/2 the backyard...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

yep yep! it's going to look bad ass when its done!

I can't wait...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Nice Chris! When your about done with everything Re-seal that Slate stamped concrete and your stamped curbs too. It will make it look brand new again. Let me know and I'll swing bye and do it. I have a shitload of stamped concrete sealer. I buy it by the pallet since we do alot of stamping. Hit me up when your ready.

Awesome man. I had it done once and never did it before myself. I'll let ya know. And thanks!

Well first off, there's not enough pics And stop posting all the cool shit you do, you're making the rest of us look bad.
    Seriously, That's going to look nice and the no maintenance factor is huge to me, I did my composite deck 10 years ago, still looks new.

Thanks Bill. All this type of stuff is why I'm always so busy... ugh.

My deck is already vynal so I'm set there. Did the siding, trim, and gutters a few years ago. As well as the kitchen, both upstairs bathrooms, and all the painting upstairs.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Thruxtonbill View Post
    Well first off, there's not enough pics And stop posting all the cool shit you do, you're making the rest of us look bad.
    Seriously, That's going to look nice and the no maintenance factor is huge to me, I did my composite deck 10 years ago, still looks new.
    Good thing Chris is not a contractor - the job would cost 100x more than it should and take 50x longer than it should because of all the pictures. But it will be a nice addition to the downriver history books in 100 years.
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

Quote Originally Posted by Moesride View Post
    Nice Chris! When your about done with everything Re-seal that Slate stamped concrete and your stamped curbs too. It will make it look brand new again. Let me know and I'll swing bye and do it. I have a shitload of stamped concrete sealer. I buy it by the pallet since we do alot of stamping. Hit me up when your ready.
    Moe,
    The sealer that you have, is it clear? I would like to reseal my driveway or Parking lot as Gas calls it, after I am done with my yard project. Sorry no pics for me I don't document every second of my life and projects like Gas. Sometimes wish I did so that I can see the cool before and after pics. Oh well, Eff it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruxtonbill View Post
    No doubt Bill, I think that he spends more time doin all those pictures than riding sometimes. and I can attest that even before the project started two years ago with the start of the rock removal it was not a very pretty back yard. Too small for poor Brinks to run around in and only pissed Gas off when he would shit in the rocks. Hard to get that puppy soft serve shit out of a pile of rocks. After seing some of the boulders of concrete they pulled with those posts they are gonna need a truck of backfill just to set the new ones.
    Caveman

Here's my 10, my 2 are free

Got all the 3 sides pole set

^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"