Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Riding in Vegas - PIC OVERLOAD - abt 75pics

Default Riding in Vegas - PIC OVERLOAD - abt 75pics

So I joined the wife in Vegas while she was at some work confrence...

Rented a HD and put on about 300 miles...

We did a Hoover Dam tour, then rode through Lake Mead National Park, rode through Valley of Fire State Park, and rode out towards Mt Charleston.

Hoover damn turbines

1st largest concrete arch bridge in the western hemisphere and 4th in the world

Colorado river beneath it.

Rolling the strip

Then on my way to return the bike I got some pics rolling down the strip and stopped by Gold & Silver Pawn aka Pawn Stars..

No Big Hoss, Rick, Old Man, or Chum... the showroom was closing in 15 mins for filming so I'm sure they were prepping.

From a BK around the corner from the HD dealer... proving it's not all pearly in Vegas. I guess they had to keep them locked to keep the homeless people from trying to sleep and bath in the bathrooms.

Them after wife was out of class, we loaded up the limo to head out for the night.

Fremont Street (Also have 2 videos of the light show, I can upload later.)

My kind of gal... although I heard later that she's kind of a whore

A Fremont security office on a segway... LOL He was busy keeping the intersection clear

Have a bunch more pics on my digital but this was all I had on my phone...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

sweet pix gasman

sweet! glad you guys are having a good time!
    cool pics!

Damn GMan....I'm seriously jealous!! Looks like a great time....Outstanding!

Looks like a good time gotta love the iphone for taking good pics

Gman......livin the dream.

Nice! How did you like the Road Glide? I've not been terribly enamored of it, but lately its been growing on me. Hard to tell I guess with a stock bike.

I rented a Street Glide when I was in LA last year for a conference, rode through the mountains and up the coast with some acquaintances from hdforums, pretty fun.

Wound up at Neptunes Nest, which is a mad house on the weekend, hundreds of bikes there.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

This entire trip was an oppurtunity due to the wife's work trip....

The RG was ok. I stand behind that the fairing dash glove boxes are useless when the bars are straight, you can't access them while riding.

Owning a Electra Glide I can compare well.

The RG is not effected by the winds like off the front of a semi truck. It does what everybody says, it just cuts through it and with the heavy weight of these bikes it rolls through with little to no effect. HOWEVER, it still is effected by normal cross winds like any other bike.

I dislike that it doesn't have the wind deflectors on the sides of the fairing like my EG. No way to direct the wind towards my neck, chest, etc...

The 103 with cats has no increase in performence compared to my 96 no cats.

The radio doesn't seem that far away when you're riding...

Beyond that it's the same bike I own... I like the bike, but due to lack of air flow direction and the useless upper fairing glove boxes... I'm still happier with my EG.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

You've got cams in your bike, or Stage 1 only? I would think the 96 stage 1 would be pretty close to a 103 stock, those stock bikes are all choked up. We can borrow a phrase from my people: "Let my engine go!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    This entire trip was an oppurtunity due to the wife's work trip....

The RG was ok. I stand behind that the fairing dash glove boxes are useless when the bars are straight, you can't access them while riding.

Owning a Electra Glide I can compare well.

The RG is not effected by the winds like off the front of a semi truck. It does what everybody says, it just cuts through it and with the heavy weight of these bikes it rolls through with little to no effect. HOWEVER, it still is effected by normal cross winds like any other bike.

I dislike that it doesn't have the wind deflectors on the sides of the fairing like my EG. No way to direct the wind towards my neck, chest, etc...

The 103 with cats has no increase in performence compared to my 96 no cats.

The radio doesn't seem that far away when you're riding...

Beyond that it's the same bike I own... I like the bike, but due to lack of air flow direction and the useless upper fairing glove boxes... I'm still happier with my EG.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

I have the stage one on my 08 96 ci and it does have every bit as much power as the stock 103. I believe Gas only has the slip ons for his bike other than that its stock. I am seriously considering doin the Stage 2 kit next winter. I would like to see it done though and get my hands dirty but alas it may be beyond my skill as we have already noted when Kosher wanted to do his cams.
    Caveman

Here's my 10, my 2 are free