Thread: Ruger suspends accepting new orders

Default Ruger suspends accepting new orders

Here is the Official Statement from Ruger:
    SOUTHPORT, CT –Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE-RGR), announced today that for the first quarter 2012, the Company has received orders for more than one million units. Therefore, the Company has temporarily suspended the acceptance of new orders.
    Chief Executive Officer Michael O. Fifer made the following comments:

• The Company’s Retailer Programs that were offered from January 1, 2012 through February 29, 2012 were very successful and generated significant orders from retailers to independent wholesale distributors for Ruger firearms.
    • Year-to-date, the independent wholesale distributors placed orders with the Company for more than one million Ruger firearms.
    • Despite the Company’s continuing successful efforts to increase production rates, the incoming order rate exceeds our capacity to rapidly fulfill these orders. Consequently, the Company has temporarily suspended the acceptance of new orders.
    • The Company expects to resume the normal acceptance of orders by the end of May 2012.
    See? Even though it's entirely unintentional, Obama is doing something for the economy after all!

If you need ammo, get it soon. They're predicting shortages worse than 2008.
    Last edited by telecast; 03-23-2012 at 06:08 PM.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Obama missed his calling.
    Looks like he's a great firearms salesman!
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

Now that's funny Don.