Thread: Grattan in 09?

Default Grattan in 09?

Anyone planning on doing a track day at Grattan this year? I'm seriously considering doing my first one down there. I hear that its a pretty techincal course with lots of twists and elevation changes. Looks like from Bobs post back in July that he had a blast.

I've always wanted to do one so the other day I called Apex2Apex and spoke with Eric(I think). He said that as it stands right now they won't be doing any track days at Grattan this year. He said something about STT forcing them out of Grattan and that I would have to go through them if I wanted a track day there. Any STT members (or former members) with opinions good or bad?

Any advice for a first timer would be greatly appreciated also.
    Thanks

Default Re: Grattan in 09?

I'm sure Berto will once he gets a Supermoto. I don't have a track bike any more so I'm out.
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.

Default Re: Grattan in 09?

Well that sucks aboit STT... shoot... i hope they fail and A2A gets to get back in there.

I would totally do a track day with you this season. But I have to say pending on cost. If STT has exclusive rights, they may jack up prices.

There is Gingerman in South Haven also... remember that... and that track is about $100-130 i think... or it was a couple of years ago.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Sh*t... WHAT A RIDE!"

gingerman test and tune days usually allow bikes, you can check on their website though...

id be down for a track day if i ever got better riding gear...
    ~Boomer, 2001 SV650s.

Wednesday night Test and track days... $60 for 3 hours of track. I'll be there very soon!!!
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Sh*t... WHAT A RIDE!"

i did about 3 trackdays at Grattan this past summer.. I am planning on doing Team Chicago first Saturday of April.. that is a great (cheap) way to try out a track day and/or Grattan - $25 track day - of course the weather is a crap shoot.. One year its 60 and the next it snows..
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

Word Mud. I remember those ole days.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"