Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Working for dollars, paying in Sterling

What's up boys?
    No, I don't plan to be here forever, just for the next year. That was the gig when I signed up.
    No I don't spend a lot of time on the XL forum either. I'm head down in this XS project. When I get back home I'll pick up on the XL project. Have I mentioned that I've got an X-90 project too?

Here's some updates. Cut up the chunky axle plates for the caliper, then decided to go in a different direction.

Tucked into the motor to make sure everything's in good shape (it is).

Tried to mount the tires to my new rims... Then realized I have an 18" rear, not a 16, like the tire...

Waiting for a chain tensioner to show up then the frame will be done and I can get it powderdercoated. Working on the forks right now, dropping them 3 inches and shaving/polishing the lowers.

Cheers

Looks good man. Keep up the good work. That has to be a great way to avoid being home sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Looks good man. Keep up the good work. That has to be a great way to avoid being home sick.
    The wife will be here Saturday after 2 months apart. Probably not going to get much done on the bike for a week or so.

Yeah I'm sure.

Some more recent shots to keep things active. Haven't worked on it in a bit, did make some mounts and a set of SS pipes for it but havent cut to length. Enjoy:

this thread is certified bad ass
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    this thread is certified bad ass
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Morning, well I'm back Stateside for another 12 hours. Also managed to get a whole 5 miles ridden yesterday.

Goes without saying that when I parked the Sporty last August she was on reserve, with a leaky fork seal and never bothered to plug in the charger. I should know better than to treat things like that. The end result is that it took until 4:30 yesterday to get her dug out and going.

Just enough time to run to the gas station before dinner with the Mrs.

Man o man... saw that picture on FB. Good to see her rolling regardless. And you put a little elbow to her, which is always a positive.

You going to be back stateside for any real length of time?
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Damn, Chris, it would be nice if we knew you would be stateside! We did get about 300 miles in Saturday dashing around lower Ontario while you fiddled with your "R". Which by the way must be just about the polar opposite of the "Yammie", which is looking mighty fine in it's own right! Your Darling still doing well with her "Thing", and how about Dad, did he ever get the hydraulics dialed in on the Softail?
    Last edited by SportstersPaul; 01-17-2013 at 03:15 PM.
    Old age and treachery ALWAYS overcome youth and skill! Growing old is mandatory- growing up is OPTIONAL! I.B.A. #26543.