Thread: Big Tunes now has plenty of choices

Default Big Tunes now has plenty of choices

There have always been choices in the big tunes dept. JW, Hogtunes, and a few others... Now HD throws their hat in the ring in a big way... but at what cost?

A new High-Performance System developed for Harley CVO models is now offered for many Touring models.It’s a complete audio system engineered to deliver unsurpassed audio performance in an outdoor environment combining fairing, fairing lower and saddlebag-mounted speakers to envelop the rider and passenger in music.
    System-matched to the original-equipment Advanced Audio Radio on many Harley-Davidson Touring models, this kit includes: (2) Two-channel, 100 watts/channel amplifiers (fairing and saddlebag); (2) 5.25-inch fairing speakers; (2) 2-inch tweeter pods; (2) 6.5-inch mid-range fairing lower speakers; and (2) 5×7-inch full-range saddlebag lid speakers, plus all required wiring and mounting hardware.

The new Boom!™ Audio Custom Touring System (P/N 76000209, $1,895.95) from Harley-Davidson® Genuine Motor Accessories The Boom!™ Audio Custom Touring System The Boom!™ Audio Saddlebag Speaker Kit (P/N 76000202, $369.95) and Boom!™ Audio Fairing Lower Speaker Kit (P/N 76000050, $219.95) are also available as separate items.

Fits 2006-later Street Glide® and 2006-2009 Electra Glide® Standard models equipped with Advanced Audio Radio. Dealer Digital Technician® software update is required. Dealer installation is recommended. See an authorized Harley-Davidson Dealer for fitment details.
    I am running a smaller 902.2 Hogtunes system in my Utlra... the medium amp, driving my Hogtunes front speakers, tweater pod, and stock speakers. It sounds great!

Caveman is running big ultra Hogtunes. Bigger amp, Hogtunes front & rear speakers, tweater pod, AND the 7" woofers in the lowers. BUt when you buy it all together you get different pricing, cause you don't need 2 amps. Either way...It's insane!! I think he's obsessed with the loudest on the block.

You can build your system or piece it together on Hogtunes site.

The biggest kit and tweater pod still comes in about SIGNIFICANTLY less than the HD system. Plus you get to retain your 2 lower dash gauges, that you loose with the HD kit. Now this does mean that you can't use certain windshield bags.

Personally I don't think I like the saddle bag speakers because it will just make the lids heavier and one more thing to deal with when removing the saddle bags. However, if you have a street glide, therefor no rear speakers due to no tourpack. This might be a great option. Perhaps you could use the HD saddlebag speakers on the rear channel of the hogtunes system. Pez at Hogtunes I'm sure can help.
    Last edited by Gas Man; 04-09-2012 at 04:41 PM.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

I am obsessed with not necessarily the loudest but the best sounding.
    However, I didn't pay that much for the whole kit. The HD kit thats $1900 for just the amp, tweeters, main fairing speakers and tour pak spkrs. I got the lowers and decorative tweeter pod(didn't have to remove any gauges) all for around $1200
    Caveman

Here's my 10˘, my 2˘ are free

Oh yah...very nice fellas! Thats about the ultimate in tunes. Although you could pic up one of those spyders with the tow behind caboose and fill it with stereo equipment Cave!

Quote Originally Posted by Moesride View Post
    Oh yah...very nice fellas! Thats about the ultimate in tunes. Although you could pic up one of those spyders with the tow behind caboose and fill it with stereo equipment Cave!
    I could but I would have to A) move off the street that has currently 5 HD's B) Kick the wife out of the garage as the Spyder would be too damn big to share the garage C) Hang myself, as that would less painful than convincing the wife that I "NEED" that much speaker and power.

But damn would that really sound bad ass
    Caveman

OH God... here we go... I got Caveman started...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    OH God... here we go... I got Caveman started...
    What you mean? Got me started? Eff off, you
    Caveman

Told you boys... here he goes.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"