Thread: Ducati up for sale... group buy?

Default Ducati up for sale... group buy?

Who wants to go in with me?

Investindustrial, the Italian private-equity owner of Ducati is looking to sell the brand this year for up to 1 billion euros ($1.32 billion.) The Bonomi family behind Investindustrial revealed that several strategic suitors in Asia, Europe and the US had expressed an interest in Ducati. Possible buyers would include at least Volkswagen, BMW and the Indian motorcycle group Mahindra. “Ducati is now a perfect company but the further growth it requires needs the support of a world-class industrial partner,” Investindustrial’s chairman Andrea Bonomi . Last November, Ducati chief executive Gabriele Del Torchio said that the Italian manufacturer had raised its share of the markets where it operates around the world to 10.7 percent, up from 8.5 percent in 2010. Covering several market segments, Ducati’s range of motorcycles are divided into model families which include: Diavel, Hypermotard, Monster, Multistrada, Streetfighter and Superbike.

Last edited by Gas Man; 04-09-2012 at 04:32 PM.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Don't know about me, moneys been a little short, but I think H.D. should pull the trigger. What the hell, they could invest a few more million for developement and in another year sell it back for the proverbial dollar! Worked for M V Agusta didn't it?
    Old age and treachery ALWAYS overcome youth and skill! Growing old is mandatory- growing up is OPTIONAL! I.B.A. #26543.

LOL I was thinking the same thing Paul!!

We missed out boys

Hero MotoCorp To Buy Ducati? The Indian motorcycle and scooter manufacturer is in talks with several banks on raising funds for a potential acquisition of the Italian motorcycle maker Ducati Holding SpA. Private equity firm Investindustrial Holdings SpA, is looking to sell Ducati, and expects €1 billion ($1.32 billion) or 3 times its initial investment, the Financial Times had this month reported. Since last year Honda Motor Co. is no more part of a joint venture that prevented Hero MotoCorp, formerly known as Hero Honda Motors Ltd., from aggressively tapping overseas markets. Two weeks ago Hero entered into a partnership with Erik Buell Racing, where Hero would sponsor two EBR teams in the AMA Pro Racing National Guard Superbike Championship in return for technology and design support for future models.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

I wonder if quality and reputation will still remain the same?