Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Serious Riders ONLY!

Default Serious Riders ONLY!

MotoMarathon has posted four events running east of the Mississippi for 2012. These are four day events covering 1600 plus miles of backroad twisties, no superslab. Daily runs of 350-450 mile days with 24 hours each to complete. New England-June 7th-10th, Empire State-Sept.13th-16th, Wisconsin-Oct.4th-7th, and Great Smokey-Oct.27th-30th. My current plans are for the Empire State and the Great Smokey.
    Old age and treachery ALWAYS overcome youth and skill! Growing old is mandatory- growing up is OPTIONAL! I.B.A. #26543.

Bloody tempting.
    "Too smart for the low brows, too crude for the highbrows."
    "Malo periculosum libertatem quam quietum servitium."
    "I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery."

Got a link for more detailed info?

IDK about the whole check points and stuff. I would love to do some of their routes but without the organized crazy. I'll have to marinate on this one...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

The check points are a piece of cake, simply a landmark or sign that you photograph while holding your entrant number in the picture as well. Almost anyone can do 350-450 miles in 24 hours! Greg, thanks for posting the link. You leave anytime after the next days route is posted at 8:00 p.m. and are required to check in by 8:00 p.m. the next evening with your photo documentation. Most contestants break out into smaller groups for the actual running. We had 28 entrants at last years New England run. Doesn't sound to difficult to me, and I'm an old crippled bastard.
    Last edited by SportstersPaul; 02-13-2012 at 10:15 PM.
    Old age and treachery ALWAYS overcome youth and skill! Growing old is mandatory- growing up is OPTIONAL! I.B.A. #26543.

The miles are not the big deal for me. I just don't know if I like the structured riding.

Actually its an "open" structure, you have an option of taking any route to the checkpoint for you photo documentation, and could run the route backwards or any such deal. Just at the end of the days 24 hour period you have your photo's!

Looks interesting for sure. Is it all on asphalt, or do you need a dual sport bike? I have ridden in dirt and gravel on my HD's, but it is not something I really enjoy.

The Great Smokey would be a cool time that I might be game for. I'd be more game if I was riding out with another rider, like yourself.