Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: June 9th-12th MotoMarathon

Default June 9th-12th MotoMarathon

Four days of riding backroads twisties in and around New Hampshire. Approx. 250-300 miles per day, 24 hours to complete each leg. I will be leaving Michigan probably on the 7th and heading over, anyone else interested give me a shout, can also search MotoMarathon for more details.
    Old age and treachery ALWAYS overcome youth and skill! Growing old is mandatory- growing up is OPTIONAL! I.B.A. #26543.

I have a thread going up soon. Just got back from there. AMAZING country in NH.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Thanks a lot Gas Man. I am having a hard enough time.......

Quote Originally Posted by sprink View Post
    Thanks a lot Gas Man. I am having a hard enough time.......
    What are you having a hard time with?
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

I know we got some serious riders out there, what do you say? This falls right between Americade,(largest touring bike rally in the country), and Laconia,(home of the oldest bike rally in the country). Should be a ton of bikes out that way and some of the prettiest riding on outstanding roads the likes of which you'll never find here in Michigan.
    Old age and treachery ALWAYS overcome youth and skill! Growing old is mandatory- growing up is OPTIONAL! I.B.A. #26543.

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    What are you having a hard time with?
    Gas: Greg is conflicted as he already has a committment with the Mich. Posse for it's return to Deals Gap Round II. I had committed to the Marathon before they posted dates for Deals Gap.

OIC... I know I'm about done with the GAP. Tired of the same ole
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    OIC... I know I'm about done with the GAP. Tired of the same ole
    too many turns for ya cupcake? lol.. and yeah the gap area sucks - all those great roads.. it's fucking retarded, lol.. i am headed there in a month and could go 8 billion times - never gets old especially when there are hundreds of thousands of miles of road to hit.. next up - US421, the snake.. come on chris i know you like riding snakes..
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

The "Snake" has a good rep as well, and you're right about the Gap area. It's not all about the "Dragon", we found sweet roads everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by SportstersPaul View Post
    Gas: Greg is conflicted as he already has a committment with the Mich. Posse for it's return to Deals Gap Round II. I had committed to the Marathon before they posted dates for Deals Gap.
    Yea, that's about it. The guy leading our crew down last year crashed and didn't make it to the Gap. In the hospital I told him I would go back with him when he got better. Plans to go again this year started and I have a personal obligation to get to the Dragon with Perry.

I enjoyed running the Dragon, but it was not my favorite road on that trip. It is freakishly twisty, but overcrowded and over-rated. I love the area though.

I have been on some great roads in Virginia and SE Ohio. Ohio has great roads and is a lot closer. Easy weekend rides. Plan to do West Virginia soon, I hear that state blows them all away.