Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hines Drive

Default Hines Drive

In all my years of living in the Detroit area, I've never actually been on it.

I think it would be great to put together a semi-regular ride this summer, I'm told there are lots of bikes and it makes a decent local ride.

Thoughts/comments?
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Hines Drive....ahhh the memories. Late 70's it was the place to cruise and park. Hang out at the nature center, Nankin Mills...drink beer, smoke...then the county popo would baracade the entrance and go car to car checking ID.....

Lots of bumper to bumper traffic and a few burnouts, a lot like the dream cruise but one lane.

Then, there was late at night when we would take turns driving, on the clock, from one end to the other......

Now it is just a nice road that needs to be ridden at speeds I don't dare as a responsible adult

It is a nice ride you can take out to Seven Mile and on out to Whitmore Lake. Nice spot for lunch.

I quite often start my trips west by going that way. It is more interesting than straight out North Territorial.

LOL, ok, is this a vote in favor or not? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by sprink View Post
    Hines Drive....ahhh the memories. Late 70's it was the place to cruise and park. Hang out at the nature center, Nankin Mills...drink beer, smoke...then the county popo would baracade the entrance and go car to car checking ID.....

Lots of bumper to bumper traffic and a few burnouts, a lot like the dream cruise but one lane.

Then, there was late at night when we would take turns driving, on the clock, from one end to the other......

Now it is just a nice road that needs to be ridden at speeds I don't dare as a responsible adult

It is a nice ride you can take out to Seven Mile and on out to Whitmore Lake. Nice spot for lunch.

I quite often start my trips west by going that way. It is more interesting than straight out North Territorial.
    _________
    Roll away the dew...

Usually see bikes, both motorcycles and pedal bikes when I ride Hines. Never considered it a destination, but I do see folks hanging out. So, maybe, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosher View Post
    In all my years of living in the Detroit area, I've never actually been on it.

I think it would be great to put together a semi-regular ride this summer, I'm told there are lots of bikes and it makes a decent local ride.

Thoughts/comments?
    Same here Kosher, never been on it. Sounds like a good idea to me...I'm in.

Ive rode it many many times. There is a FANTASTIC old school donut shop off Ford Rd to start the ride.

End at Northville Downs.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

I moved the thread and reworded that short ride section. Made it more clear. Reason being any thread in that section goes to the top of the home page. Short notice being the reason. My bad on confusion. But all fixed.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Hines, good run. I'd be down for some runs if I'm not stuck at work.
    "Too smart for the low brows, too crude for the highbrows."
    "Malo periculosum libertatem quam quietum servitium."
    "I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery."

I enjoy a nice Hines Drive cruise. I hop on at Northville Rd. and run it all the way East to Ford Rd. it's actually a really nice ride... I would be in
    Last edited by Remo; 02-09-2012 at 12:31 AM.

I grew up riding, cruising hines, lots of good times. To me now, it's like kissing your sister.JMO