View Poll Results: If you bought a new bike now, which way would you buy?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • New

4 33.33%
  • Used

8 66.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your next bike... NEW or USED

Default Your next bike... NEW or USED

I am at the point in my life where I just prefer to buy new. This goes for about everything. I mean I make good money so why not.

However, with the economy and such, there are so many GREAT deals on used bikes. Even if there were a few items needing attention, you great the bike for such a cheap price, spend a few extra $$, turn a wrench and love it!!

What about you?
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    I am at the point in my life where I just prefer to buy new. This goes for about everything. I mean I make good money so why not.
    Yep yep!

New Classic for me. Not sure when or how but it will happen.

At this point in my life I will only buy used because:

1) I don't hold onto my bikes long enough, I usually keep my bikes for a couple years than I am ready for something newer/different.
    2) Being only 22, insurance on a new bike would probably be more than my monthly payments.

Maybe once i get older and wiser(maybe), and actually find something I intend to keep I will buy something new

There are some great deals out there to be had on new bikes though. I just picked up my 2004 Yamaha R1 last October with only 1,000 miles on it for a more than awesome price.

Good luck Seat... you deserve it!!

Remo, I hear ya... I can honestly say... my current bike dubbed "Street Classic" is by far my most favorite bike. As I have said in the water cooled HD thread... I have NO/ZERO/NOT plans on getting rid of it. I am so content with it... it's just perfect for what I want, I have it just where I want it.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

I know for me, I found some great deals on brand new, left-over, 2008 R1's at the begining of 2011. I was excited and ready to buy, than I got an insurance quote and insurance was like $2,500 a year for full coverage which I would most definitely want on a brand new bike. And I have a clean driving record and I am a Licensed Commercial Driver as well. I don't know how some of these people my age are able to afford a new bike, especially with colorful driving records. The payments are favorable but the insurance is

New bike here. I know there's alot of great deals on used bikes, but for me you just can't beat having a bike that has been ridden by anyone but yourself. I'm on the fence right now on tradeing my Dog in for a Denim Black Street Glide. We'll see

I remember those days Remo. Some of it is which insurance company you are using. This has been gone over more times than I can remember. 2 words for you. State Farm

Moe. I hear ya there. Keep us advised on your progress.

It would really depend on what bike I was getting, If I ever pulled the trigger on a Duc it would be new, would not think twice about a used Jap bike. I can spend 5 mins with the bike and owner to figure out if he thrashed, babied it, whatever. Some bikes are cared for like they've been in a museum.

well I've had my eye on a street glide for the past year and am going to try and make that a reality in the spring. As far as new or used it will have to depend on any deals I can get on a new one because I'm sure everyone prefers new price comes into play a lot. I, like Moe, would love a 2012 denim black street glide. fell in love with the bike on that trip I took over the summer. So we will see how it goes.
    Formerly known as Rugby66x