Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh yeah, forgot to tell you

Default Oh yeah, forgot to tell you

I got a call from one of my clubs the other day, turns out I took 3rd place in my pistol league. Sweet. I'm not a crappy shooter, but not great either, typically middle of the pack. 3rd was a nice surprise. Sounds like I won a club jacket.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Congrats man!!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Nice shootin tex!
    ~Rich
    ~'08 B-King

Nice shooting!
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

Very Nice!

Cool deal man! Where do you shoot at again?
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.

Very nice! I usually am in the middle too. I have a few shooters I use as my par. If I beat so and so, I did alright...

I shoot the league at Dundee Sportsman's Club.

And I'm not doing so good in the winter league. Shooting lower scores than expected. I've scoring in the high 150's to low 160's, not good enough. Last week was particularly bad at 143, and I'm not sure why. Might be because with winter here I haven't been doing much shooting. I need to get out a couple times a week. Hopefully my scores will pick up and I'll be in better shape for the spring league. I was scoring 180's and 190's when I took third, so this won't cut it. The good news is your three previous week scores combine for your handicap the following week, so if I can go back and get some decent scores these last few weeks could be an advantage.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Here is a link I may have posted before.
    http://www.bullseyepistol.com/
    I have read this website from top to bottom ant it contains a great deal of solid info. needed to increase your score.
    Breathing and trigger control are in my mind the 2 most important areas to focus on when you are learning.
    I stopped shooting comp. due to lack of time but I can tell you that when I first started shooting target within 6 months I was shooting 250-260s'.
    I shot about 2-3 times a week to reach this point. Its all about practice and consistancy.
    The more you practice solid technique the better you will shoot.
    The 2 biggest mistakes i made when i started was squeezing the gun too hard and trigger finger placement.
    Hold the gun with a commanding grip but not too hard and center the first pad of your index finger evenly over the trigger.
    This is a photo of where your hits may be and what causes it.

Hope this helps.

I always ended up in the lower left when i started. Still do sometimes....LOL
    Last edited by Mad Dog; 03-04-2012 at 11:16 AM.
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

That's a cool target!!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"