Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New 2012 Street Bob

Default New 2012 Street Bob

Well,finally going in to the stealership this thursday ( Biker Bobs HD) with my Brother in law. He's gonna pull the trigger on a new FXDB.
    Gonna have some work to do to it to get it the way he wants. He's lookin at blacking the bike out. Hes going with a Flat ( Denim) black. So .....on my lift it goes. Removing all the chrome and having it powdercoated with a new set of radius ceramic pipes.
    I've searched for a few coaters you guys have used and I'm thinking eithers Jeffs powdercoating in Monroe or QC coatings in utica.
    It looks as if you guys have been happy with both of them. My brother in law is a new rider so this is his first bike so hes's looking for some help from me. I want for him to have a good experience with whomever does the work for him.
    Any other suggestions or experiences? Thanks Fellas

I will say Jeff's powder is awesome and is holding up well on my bike. If you go that way, text me when, maybe I'll tag along, I haven't seen his new shop.

Ceramic pipes? Ordering them ceramic from the manufacture? Be weary.. it doesn't seem like the ceramic holds up well on these hot breather machines.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Jeffs sounds like a winner. Closer to me as well. I'll let you know when we head down there so if you wanna go we can swing by and snatch you up. As far as the pipes go, I just assumed that they where ceramic. Really never looked into it. Where gonna get them right from the manufacturer. So what do you think is the best way to go on these pipes Chris?

Well it depends. I have yet to see any ceramic hold up to shit. If you don't get them that way I would probably just do high temp powder.

My ceramic has held up so well on my Triumph, Curt at Creative Concepts did mine as well as my powdercoating. He did tell me the ceramic will only be as good as the chrome underneath it, IDK.

Yeah and mine was unfinished pipes with lots of miles!!
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Thanks for the info Fellas. Gonna do a little more research on them when the time comes.

We went into Biker Bobs today around 5:30 and left well after they closed. My brother in law did end up buying his bike.
    He went with the Denim Black ( which they didn't have) so come to find out they had ordered one a couple days ago for there inventory so his bike will be here in about a week or two.

Here's a couple crappy pics of a vivid black they had there.
    Man is he Happy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

cool congrats on his new scoot!

Sweet deal man!!

Now why isn't he on the forum?
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Yeah, he's really diggin it Dave. He called me three times this morning about ordering some parts he want's to change. The bikes not even being delivered to his house, it's coming to mine so.... my bikes off the lift for a month or better.

He's a slow starter Chris. He'll be around sooner or later. He's a new rider so.. just getting his feet wet.