Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two Wheel Michigan Rally?????

Default Two Wheel Michigan Rally?????

So let me throw this out there. I know there has been some talk of a get together ride somewhere besides the shit roads here in Michigan, as some of you know I love Hocking Hills OH, tons of cool roads good eats and nice people.
    What I am proposing is a weekend or a even a 3 day this year, securing a cabin or two, maybe even a campground in the area and just riding, hanging out getting to know each other and having a great time. I like nothing more then kickin it with motorcycle people and riding.
    Now I'm thinking early Summer as to maximize the chances of a rainfree weekend. Even though this is six or so months out we would need to act quickly.
    I've provided a link to the motorcycle ranch which lists cabin rentals that are MC friendly. There are an shit ton of cabins for rent so this a nice list that we know welcome 2wheels. Most of these places cater to the romantic crowd so you don't have to order the chocolates and roses.
    I like the cabin in the second link as it's on 5 to 10 acres and even though it has only 3 bedrooms I think we can pay a little extra(or not) if we have more people (for couch crashing sleeping bags and such). I'll say right up front, I'm old and I hate camping so I will require a bed.

http://www.hockinghillsmotorcycleran...king_Hills.php

http://www.harvestmooncottages.com/Overlook.htmI May be way off base with cabin idea, if so just say it, I got thick skin.

Anyway, just looking for any feedback, ideas or if no one responds we'll know it's just a bad idea.

Anyone Got A Banjo????
    J/K Sounds like a nice idea.
    Ohio is only a few hours from me.
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

Two more things, here is a ADV rider link (If you're not a member, you should be) of some pics and short RR I did with one of my weekends down there. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=617876

The other thing I wanted to mention is in no way am I volunteering to do all the planning, I'm willing to do alot, just not all of it.

Sounds sweet and I am all over it IF I have the weekend off. We are entering into some heavy training starting next week, and then, we will then setup some type work schedule.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

I plan to go there anyway, so if the timing is right.......

Quote Originally Posted by sprink View Post
    I plan to go there anyway, so if the timing is right.......
    I'll do 3 or 4 trips down myself I just thought it would be cool to get together as a forum group

Quote Originally Posted by Thruxtonbill View Post
    I'll do 3 or 4 trips down myself I just thought it would be cool to get together as a forum group
    I think this is a great plan Thrux. I'd love to part of the trip but for me it's just to far out to say that I'd be in for sure. It's tough to predict my work schedule. If and when the time comes and you guys go and I can get away, and you have room for another guy, I'm in.

I love the idea Bill, it's over the top great. I too plan on trying to setup some cool group rides. Even a couple short ones.... maybe one night stints...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

For sure, I've done overnighters to Hocking, I can load up a tank bag and I'm good.
    I do understand that it's hard for people to plan ahead with work pending. We should keep this thread alive, like I said there is lots of places to stay down there. Hell I'm a drop everything and ride kinda guy and a sucker for any good riding.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruxtonbill View Post
    For sure, I've done overnighters to Hocking, I can load up a tank bag and I'm good.
    I do understand that it's hard for people to plan ahead with work pending. We should keep this thread alive, like I said there is lots of places to stay down there. Hell I'm a drop everything and ride kinda guy and a sucker for any good riding.
    +1..
    Last edited by sprink; 01-04-2012 at 08:06 PM. Reason: add boobs