Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winter Mod Season 2011/2012

Cool Winter Mod Season 2011/2012

Well you guys were right... I can't go through a mod season without doing something.

I'm already planning on doing some heat wrap on the pipes because the ceramic isn't holding up to the milage and weather I ride in. So I already purchased some wrap. Going to wrap the pipes, then put the high temp powdered heat shields over the wrap.

Yesterday while at the dealership I bought a few things...

The first thing I bought I planned on..
    The HD air compressor

But then started looking at the heated grips, and the heated vests. The vests are nice, $195 and super light weight. They come with cords to plug into the bike (no t-stat $60) and to charge a battery (not included $75). That was a bit pricey.

The heated grips were only $170, but require a few extras (~$20) due to my fly-by-wire throttle.

The install doesn't look too bad being it gets its power from the cig lighter.

Waiting on those few extras and my new foam grab on grip covers. Will get it installed in the coming weeks.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

man I could have used heated grips an hour ago. had to alternate warming my hands on the heads.
    "Too smart for the low brows, too crude for the highbrows."
    "Malo periculosum libertatem quam quietum servitium."
    "I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery."

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Well you guys were right... I can't go through a mod season without doing something.

I'm already planning on doing some heat wrap on the pipes because the ceramic isn't holding up to the milage and weather I ride in. So I already purchased some wrap. Going to wrap the pipes, then put the high temp powdered heat shields over the wrap.

Yesterday while at the dealership I bought a few things...

The first thing I bought I planned on..
    The HD air compressor

But then started looking at the heated grips, and the heated vests. The vests are nice, $195 and super light weight. They come with cords to plug into the bike (no t-stat $60) and to charge a battery (not included $75). That was a bit pricey.

The heated grips were only $170, but require a few extras (~$20) due to my fly-by-wire throttle.

The install doesn't look too bad being it gets its power from the cig lighter.

Waiting on those few extras and my new foam grab on grip covers. Will get it installed in the coming weeks.

Sweet!!

I am going to send Seatmaker my seat....just trying to figure out what I want done...maybe I will get it done in Ostrich

G, explain more about why the ceramic did not hold up. I know you ride your bike in all conditions so I assume the weather has some effect. Mine has held up very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper Dave View Post
    I am going to send Seatmaker my seat....just trying to figure out what I want done...maybe I will get it done in Ostrich
    talked with Seat! going to probably go with some cool looking gator!

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper Dave View Post
    talked with Seat! going to probably go with some cool looking gator!
    Yup. I would go with the Gator seat for sure. You've got a mean lookin bike, gator cover will be right at home!

Quote Originally Posted by Moesride View Post
    Yup. I would go with the Gator seat for sure. You've got a mean lookin bike, gator cover will be right at home!
    Thanks Moe! you have a sick looking scoot also!

Dave, I think you should have scott send you some samples. Put by your bike and go from there.

Bill, I'm not too sure. But it didn't hold up on mine or Caveman's (we ride the same ways). Perhaps its the high heat of the harleys. I don't know honestly. But I think wrapping them will be better anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Dave, I think you should have scott send you some samples. Put by your bike and go from there.
    yep...he is going to send me some....