Thread: Skull Crush Carbon Fiber Helmet

Yeah that's up his alley.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Moesride View Post
    Hey Kosher. Nice bike by the way. Looks great! Maybe you can show a couple pics of your Lid. Ordered one but don't have it yet.I'm curious to see what it looks like on.
    Oh jeez, sure here's my ugly mug, avert your eyes, lol. You'll likely have to trim the strap, I did that after I took the shots.

_________
    Roll away the dew...

Thanks for sharing Kosher. Gives me a better idea of what to expect. I like it man. Looks like the polo style lid. Fittment on it looks really nice. Ugly Mug.....Funny shit!

So those aren't dot at all. Not enough padding or anything.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Well my Helmet arrived from Skull Crush yesterday and I do have to say that I am very happy with the way it looks and the way it's constructed. Now keeping in mind that I'm usually wearing a novelty helmet the Skull Crush to me feels like a DOT approved lid. It's solid,light weight, really good padding on the inside and very comfortable along with being low pro. I think this lid would take a preety good impact ( not that I want to be a crash dummy candidate). So... all in all if you choose to wear a non dot and want the closest thing to it, this is it. This lid gets an A from me and it's gonna (help) keep my noggin in one piece as compared to what I have now. One thing I did screw up on was the color. I ordered the Candy Black and it was just a little to dark, I thought it might be lighter. I called Skull Crush today and they said to go ahead and return it for any other color I wanted. Felt like an asshole doing this but he was really cool and insisted on it not being a problem so it's packed and ready to ship back. Great Company!! Here's a few pics of the novelty and the Skull Crush side by side as a comparison. ( my daughter volunteered as the lid model)
    Attached Images Attached Images

They look similar.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

They are preety similar Chris. The Skull Crush is just a bit thicher. Has more padding for sure, but not a hell of alot. I think the biggest difference between the two is what there made of. The novelty you can basically press together with your hands and soft as hell, might as well be wearing a baseball cap. The carbon/kevlar you cannot press on in any direction. It has a surprisingly strong shell. I think it's just a novelty type helmet on steroids. I would only recomend this for guys that like a step above novelty and a step below a small dot. But hey, thats what I like. Not for everyone for sure.