Thread: Volta Electric MC

Smile Volta Electric MC

Kinda neat and I at least like the idea of new green cars.

The latest offering available in 2012, with an aesthetic that I qualify a cross between Scooter and Sport Bike, is from a Spanish company called Volta offering 3 models in the 35 HP, 45 mph (70 km/h) all electric range. Pricing? About $10,000 (€7,000.) For this type of silent performance? it’s too little power and range to interest the vast majority of Americans commuting for work. But in Europe, supposedly, there is a waiting list to get one delivered in Q2 of 2012…
    Last edited by Gas Man; 04-09-2012 at 04:54 PM.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

I can see why there's a waiting list. I think alot of people that are attracted to the bike live and work within their city and don't have far to travel. A clean inexpensive way to get around. 10 grand seems pricey, but what isn't when your talking electric. Don't know how far it will go on a charge, but even 50 miles within a tight Europeon city at 45mph max is Ok as a daily ride. Cool looking bike, I like it. For me, Just can't beat the sound of a well tuned exhaust system burning fuel.

There is a cliche market for these, but more so for big cities like NY or Chi-Town where parking is on high demand.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

That stuff goes well in Europe for the same reason 50cc scooters go well . Every thing is very close together there and most speed limits are very low . On top of all of that gasoline is like $8 a gallon in most of Europe .

Electric is cool but need to remember most electricity comes from coal.
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne