Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mixing styles

Default Re: Mixing styles

Speaking of being 'old enough'.* I fall into that category and admit my bias toward the standard or 'naked' bike.* Don't get me wrong, I like 'em all, but have some personal favorites.* In addition to the Suzuki Gladius, Kawasaki in now selling the ER-6n in the US.* A nice bike, from what I can tell, but then, I cut my teeth on the Triumphs, BSAs and Nortons of the 60s.*

Yamaha also showed their Yamaha XS-V1 Sakura concept ( a retro design intended to evoke memories of their very successful XS 650) a couple of years ago.* And Honda might be releasing a new naked bike, as well.*

Bottom line?* I love 'em all and when I hit the Power Ball I'll need a huge garage for my collection.*

So many bikes, so little time.

That ER-6n looks cool. They've had that over-seas for a year or two (maybe more) I guess all ready. Standard/nakeds sell better there than here. I understand the Versys(sp?) is gaining momentum here, though personally I'm turned off by the headlight/windscreen assembly.

I've seen that Yamaha you referred to and thought it was cool too. It wouldn't be bad having a new technology bike that looks like they did "back in the day".*

Suzuki has another throw back of their own this year too, a small starter bike. The TU250 ($3500) 250cc, single cylinder, FI engine, probably runs great, but has the old time look to it...
    http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1918/bike1hn6.jpg[/img]

Like you said, bring on the powerball. So many bikes, so little money...(the new Monster is killing me too BTW)

don't care for the looks of the honda and the suzuki at 250cc is too small. small bikes may get good gas milage ( not why i ride a bike ) but only at slow speeds and don't make good expressway rides. just looking at the honda* it looks like the seating position / handle bar relation is all wrong. i'm not spoiled on goldwings but i am spoiled on having a big ( 900cc and bigger ) motor
    william

Love the short movie video. Honda does a great job, they don't hold back a bit. Strong statement, I don't see myself riding one but it's cool they did it. There is a huge untapped market for stuff like this the non riders out number riders many times. Like the Suzuki Bergman these are aimed at non traditional motorcyclists.
    Cheers, 50gary

The ultimate mixing of bikes... Supermoto... woot!
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Sh*t... WHAT A RIDE!"

so yall are telling me them make bikes after the 70's? LOL
    i'm building a 750 hondamatic right now so it's not a new concept.