Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Having a bike repainted. Any idea on how much and who local does good work?

Default Having a bike repainted. Any idea on how much and who local does good work?

Ok, I have enjoyed my 06 883r all summer and its been a complete blast to ride. However, after 3 months of riding ive come to the conclusion i want a bit more power, forward controls, and possibly a convertable windshield. So i found a 1200R that was priced reasonable, same year as mine with roughly the same mileage but....its yellow. I could live with any other color, but I cant stand yellow on a Harley. I havent bought it yet, as im trying to figure in the cost of a paint job into my budget. Im not going with airbrushing or anything custom, just standard harley black denim paint and stock or possibly 883 iron tank graphics. Any idea what im looking at cost wise to have this done, and who in my area would you recommend doing it. Im in the downriver area, south of detroit. I would prefer to stay local if possible. Thanks

I can check with my bud (also from huron) at the hd dealer. I'm going there Friday after work anyway... he actually does some painting himself.

The most costly is going to be that denim paint.

I will also say this.. if you need any help. I always offer up my lift or just wrenching time.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Thanks Chris, I appreciate it. I did see that particular color paint is like a $300+ option on new bikes. I have no problem going with the oem vivid black if its quite a bit cheaper. I should know later today whats going on. Im waiting on the dealer to give me a trade in value on my old ride and to see how much he is willing to deal on the new one. If i get low-balled i can handle driving mine another season.

Which dealer you workin with? BB? I know allot of the guys up there... well at least the core group. Don't know so many of the new guys.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

No, this bike is at Brighton HD. Their sales guy is going to call me in the morning to talk about my trade and what he can do on the 1200.

for paint work, i'd say $300-500

Quote Originally Posted by junkyardjon View Post
    for paint work, i'd say $300-500
    Thats about what i thought it would cost. If its much more than that, i may rethink buying it and waiting a bit.

Professional Autobody in Trenton. Could save a lot if you took the parts off your self. They painted a lower fairing and a fender for me and both came out perfect.
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.

Pro auto body as bob said will always do bang up work.

I didn't get a chance to ask my bud at the dealer but will text him later when it's not sleepy time hrs.

it should be around that price if the parts are nice and it's only a sand & shoot. my price guess doen't figure in decals cause i have no clue what they cost. if you can't find someone around you, give me a shout.