View Poll Results: What helmet type do you wear?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1/2 DOT

7 33.33%
  • 1/2 non-DOT

4 19.05%
  • 3/4 open face

1 4.76%
  • 3/4 w/face shield

1 4.76%
  • full face

6 28.57%
  • full face modular

4 19.05%
  • Other (please explain)

1 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What helmet type do you wear?

A buddy from high school posted this pic on FB a while ago but I though the helmet was bad ass

Formerly known as Rugby66x

Standard issue for many dual sport guys.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

I've gone almost full circle in 40+ years of riding.
    no helmet to full face to 3/4 to half and now have been using a Nolan Modular for the last several years.

I too run a Nolan modular but only as y road trip helmet.

I have one novelty half helmet and two full face. I wear the full face 95% of the time. Bought the half helmet for those 90+
    degree days when I'm touring out west. Here's a question for you guys with the modulars, is it easier to head check with them than a full face or is it just me gettin old.

I wear a novelty helmet, always have. Yah, I know all the bad that goes with wearing a non dot but it's the risk I take, stupid, perhaps, but its what I'm most comfortable with. I hope I never REALLY have to test it. I orderd a Carbon fiber lid ( non dot as well) from Skull Candy and Im showing a delivery date of this coming tuesday.

Well I think at least, moe, the cf will be better than ur brain bowls. Again let us know what u think.

Lrider. What do u mean head check? I love my modular and will always have one. Even though, I only wear it on road trips.

Lrider. What do u mean head check? I love my modular and will always have one. Even though, I only wear it on road trips.[/
    After checking my mirror when changing lanes I sometimes like to, depending on the situation turn my head to double
    check that the lane is clear, maybe it's just me getting old (ha ha) but I have trouble doing that while wearing a full face
    helmet. Was wondering if this would be easier to do wearing a modular, thanks for any input.
    Last edited by Gas Man; 12-25-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Ok, I see what you mean. I don't notice any problem with that. I like it allot for road trips for MANY reasons.

One I have headphones (speakers) built into (installed after by me) the helmet. Two, with the helmet over your ears eliminates most of the wind noise which REALLY helps with not only fatigue but also conserves your hearing. Three, if you hit weather, you simply close the helmet and initiate bubble mode.

I have a nolan modular but I may upgrade in another year or so to what Trip has. Read up on it on his site, our sister site.
    http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=20511
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"