Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Good and bad business and their practices.

Default Ripped off

American Roadshop in Waterford jacked me.

They charged me money for a job they never did properly. When I pointed out that it wasn't right the owner got super pissed and threatened to call the cops on me (I don't know why, but I suspect he is on drugs based on the fact he doesn't smoke and has almost black teeth). I took my bike out of there and had to come pick up my truck. Then when I got back the gas can I had in the back of my truck was gone and I went and looked and it was in the shop, but the mechanic told me I had to go. I said that was my grandfathers gas can and he said "go fuck yourself".

Real nice guys these two are. If I was a younger man without a family I know what I would have done. I am glad I am older now and they are glad because they still have a shop....

Don't use them. If you are in the Waterford area there is ABC and Boomers right around the corner from these assholes.... and if you are friends with them tell Tim to go fuck himself.

That sucks. Someone should move this to the Dealers and Stealers thread.

A fuckin men if they did all that shit to you.

But seriously... I hope you come back and give a proper intro instead of just rant and leave.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Done... and I will NOT be supporting those A holes!

Customer Service is NON Existent in this day in age.

People need to get back to basics! Customer Service yields good business.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Sh*t... WHAT A RIDE!"

Strange. Been to American Roadshop quite a few times as has a co-worker. Never had any sort of problems with 'em. Actually, more than once they've cut me a deal or two. Although, I've never had my bike serviced there...and there is always two sides to every story.

Nicholsons. I had service work there a couple times on my 82 vf750. They do good work at fair prices but the last time it came back missing a side cover. I called and talked to the mech that worked on my bike and asked if they misplaced it, he then talked to me like I'm some kind of idiot and said I lost it. That was two years ago and I still can't find a replacement. I'm either gonna do my own work or strip my bike befor I turn it in.

Big shout out to Zack's Cycle in Milan. I thought I had a front brake problem, couldn't figure it out. Everything appeared to be fine, pads, rotors, etc. Took it to Zack's. The mechanic test drove it, said it was just noisy pads and they could change them if I wanted, but also said there was no reason to. He said HD pads run harder than most aftermarket and can get noisy after a while. No charge.

I can see a dealer selling me new calipers and rotors for some ungodly amount just because.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Yup, had that with my last one. 50K when I traded it with the original front pads. Noisey too.
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
    50K when I traded it with the original front pads.
    Holy crap! You know, there's a lever on the right handelbar, just in front of the grip. If you squeeze it, the brakes are activiated.

Just sayin'......

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

jannypan Guest

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say they could of replied and it could of went to spam and I missed it or visa versa but from other reviews I've read I'd say I was just ignored.