Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Good and bad business and their practices.

Default Re: Good and bad business and their practices.

That's the sounds of ten beautiful machines...

makes me smile just to think about it.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Sh*t... WHAT A RIDE!"

Have to be more careful in the friends you meet online ;D

Gasman now you need a bigger garage.
    Bettyboop 79 gl1000

boop... I have met more great friends online than I can count.

And yes... I do need alot bigger garage.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

So sweet...
    Bettyboop 79 gl1000

Shardan's Leather at Gibraltar Trade Center in Mt Clemens. Long time family owned and operated, excellent service, work, and you get what you pay for. I get my boots and gloves elsewhere, but I've bought one of my leathers, a leather vest and a pair of chaps from him, and they're absolutely top notch stuff. They sell lots of cheapo stuff there too, but you'll know the good stuff when you see it. Ask and he'll show you the differences between the products. He'll alter and hem your chaps to fit while you wait, and he'll make any necessary repairs later on such as stitching, zippers and snaps for life, and all this while you wait. Some beanie helmets, lots of patches, and excellent seamstresses (his daughters and wife) there anytime they're open, and they'll fix or sew anything for ya. Highly recommended.

i got one of my leather jackets from shardan's last year. the zipper broke on the left pocket so i took it back and they put a new zipper on for free while i waited. he said he would garentee his jackets as long as the jacket was not altered
    william

Another decent place for leather jackets is Leatherworks, on Van Dyke just north of 26 mi rd. They have been a Harley oriented place, but the owner has realized that he could do more business if he catered to metric minded folks as well. They sponsor many charity events that welcome any make of bike, and the runs are well organized and family oriented. They do sell motor oil such as amsoil and can order most parts for whatever bike you have, they have lots of patches with a seamstress usually available, some great jackets and stuff for the ladies as well, and lots of biker related things to adorn your garage with. It's a real decent place with very friendly people. http://www.mcleatherworks.com Highly recommended.

Two places that I have firsthand knowledge of and WOULD go to for service on my bike are Roseville Powersports (both guys in back are very very good) and Macomb Powersports (guy named Mike is very good). The sales departments at all of those places equally suck.

Having worked at both Roseville Powersports and K&W, like Mike says, Roseville is far superior when it comes to their mechanics. You can tell just by looking at how clean and organized they keep their garage, it's to the point of analness. And while I did hear a few customer complaints occasionally, it was more due to the customer being a jerk, than their work. I would say the main drawback there though, is that they only repair Yamaha. And of course, Arctic Cat and Kymco, but we're talking bikes, right? However, I am fortunate Mike does all the work on my bike, because I'd hate to trust it to anyone else, no matter what.
    Now as far as ordering parts go, K&W is pretty good. I know the parts guys do their best to make sure the customer gets what they want, and as soon as we can get it. We also do our best to keep the customer posted on orders, and B/O's. Just don't piss the manager off, he's a bit testy. >
    A bike on the road is worth two in the garage.

Good:
    Michigan Cycleworks in Howell/Brighton. They'll work on anything and Adam will give you a fair deal. I like to do my own work but I use these guys for all of my parts. They have been able to get anything I've asked for and they are in line with online prices. Friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.
    Jeff
    '82 Yamaha xv920
    '82 Honda CM250C
    '86 Yamaha XV700