Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good and bad business and their practices.

Default Good and bad business and their practices.

So here is the thread where you can post good and bad experiences with places.*

Let's make this for all, any shop where you get good service.

We will use your examples when deciding when to buy something from someone.

BAD:

sabercycleonline

Collegebikeshop

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    I'm going to just add some reasons.
    I would never do business with the college bike shop because they where fast to take my money but when I tried to return a part they NEVER responded to me after several emails to several different people. Being a person who has an ecommerce I am VERY picky about customer service and say if you are going to list emails as contact you should use them! I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say they could of replied and it could of went to spam and I missed it or visa versa but from other reviews I've read I'd say I was just ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by vortech302
    Last bad experience

Flat Rock Tire - I've been there twice, first time I was in and out in less than 15 minutes with a new tire mounted, I called them last week looking for another tire and the guy that answered put me on hold then a couple minutes later a different guy picks up the phone and through whatever meal he was having said "Yeah, why don't you try calling back when we're open", and hung up.* Okay, guess you don't ever need my money

GOOD:

Focal Point Studio of Photography.* Great service, very professional and awesome work.* For your photographic needs, Focal Point.

Music Go Round in Farmington- awesome service, they went above and beyond to help me with my needs for a bag.* They even gave me an upgrade when the bag I bought originally did not work out.* Wish I would have bought my guitar from them instead of the Guitar Center salesguy that would not let me walk out of the shop without a guitar.* Not bad on GC, but they need to lay back on the pushy sales.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Kinger
    Shardan's Leather at Gibraltar Trade Center in Mt Clemens. Long time family owned and operated, excellent service, work, and you get what you pay for. I get my boots and gloves elsewhere, but I've bought one of my leathers, a leather vest and a pair of chaps from him, and they're absolutely top notch stuff. They sell lots of cheapo stuff there too, but you'll know the good stuff when you see it. Ask and he'll show you the differences between the products. He'll alter and hem your chaps to fit while you wait, and he'll make any necessary repairs later on such as stitching, zippers and snaps for life, and all this while you wait. Some beanie helmets, lots of patches, and excellent seamstresses (his daughters and wife) there anytime they're open, and they'll fix or sew anything for ya. Highly recommended.
    Another decent place for leather jackets is Leatherworks, on Van Dyke just north of 26 mi rd. They have been a Harley oriented place, but the owner has realized that he could do more business if he catered to metric minded folks as well. They sponsor many charity events that welcome any make of bike, and the runs are well organized and family oriented. They do sell motor oil such as amsoil and can order most parts for whatever bike you have, they have lots of patches with a seamstress usually available, some great jackets and stuff for the ladies as well, and lots of biker related things to adorn your garage with. It's a real decent place with very friendly people. http://www.mcleatherworks.com Highly recommended.
    Two places that I have firsthand knowledge of and WOULD go to for service on my bike are Roseville Powersports (both guys in back are very very good) and Macomb Powersports (guy named Mike is very good). The sales departments at all of those places equally suck.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Sh*t... WHAT A RIDE!"

Default Re: Good and bad business and their practices.

I'm going to just add some reasons.
    I would never do business with the college bike shop because they where fast to take my money but when I tried to return a part they NEVER responded to me after several emails to several different people.* Being a person who has an ecommerce I am VERY picky about customer service and say if you are going to list emails as contact you should use them!* I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say they could of replied and it could of went to spam and I missed it or visa versa but from other reviews I've read I'd say I was just ignored.
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.

the only place i had a bad experiance at was actually biker bobs. i went to their open house and no sales person asked if i needed help just a couple hello how are you doings. they just ignored me. they would not sign me up for a test ride but came over with two guys and signed them up right in front of me so after walking around for* a couple hours i left
    william

NO GAS MAN comments!!!! lol ;D
    Bettyboop 79 gl1000

he's holding out on us as long as he can b.b. ;D
    william

Last bad experience

Flat Rock Tire - I've been there twice, first time I was in and out in less than 15 minutes with a new tire mounted, I called them last week looking for another tire and the guy that answered put me on hold then a couple minutes later a different guy picks up the phone and through whatever meal he was having said "Yeah, why don't you try calling back when we're open", and hung up.* Okay, guess you don't ever need my money

Quote Originally Posted by vortech302
    Last bad experience

Where is that place?*
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.

Bob... FR Tire is on Girbalter rd, in front of the hungry howies and/or where the old big lots use to be.*

I am not going to comment on my personal expierences...

Bad = too many to list

Good = um..... maybe.... well.... ok.... I GOT IT.* My garage...
    http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/ ... 08024a.jpg[/img]
    http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/ ... 08029a.jpg[/img]

Lots of good guys hangin out.* Sweet bikes, and free advice/wrenching as long as you help out...
    http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/ ... 708020.jpg[/img]

All of which why I say "Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?!"

Biker Bobs... I know a few people there and have always had decent expierences there.* But of coarse I ride their brand and own a bike worth more than any other bike on the property (Period).
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

i am drooling at that first pic... yummy!
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Sh*t... WHAT A RIDE!"

What 8 choppers and 2 harleys... do the math
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"