Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Forum Changes - Done & Upcoming

Good idea Chef.

IDK about that rugby... That is a hack for a vb 3.0 website. I will check though..
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by rugby66x View Post
    Is there a way to add a search feature to the mobile site?

I checked... there is one... very very bottom of the page... I did remember when I went to it...
    -Chris
    AKA Gas Man

"Doin forum work!"

I also added a homepage & mobile page link in the top banner. Hopefully it helps navigation on the main site and remind people about the mobile site.
    -Chris
    AKA Gas Man

"Doin forum work!"

This weekend I might be driving to Detroit to pick up a YZ80 I bought earlier this summer. I'm not completely sure yet as soon as I figure it out I'll let you know.
    Last edited by ChefC14; 10-02-2012 at 06:31 PM.
    My current and previous rides.
    1984 Honda Ascot 500 rode for 3 months
    2001 Honda Shadow 750 7 years and 60,000 miles
    2007 Suzuki M109R 18 months and 17,000 miles
    2008 Kawasaki Concours 6 years and 70,000 miles
    2008 Yamaha Raider purchased March 10,2015

For sure chef

The weatherman says 90% chance of rain fo rme with a high of 45 Saturday and rain snow mix for Sunday so I think I'm going to stay close to home. I would like to do a meet and greet mid state before winter and of course IR needs to be there. Maybe we can pull that off in 2 weeks if weather permits, 20th?
    My current and previous rides.
    1984 Honda Ascot 500 rode for 3 months
    2001 Honda Shadow 750 7 years and 60,000 miles
    2007 Suzuki M109R 18 months and 17,000 miles
    2008 Kawasaki Concours 6 years and 70,000 miles
    2008 Yamaha Raider purchased March 10,2015

Quote Originally Posted by ChefC14 View Post
    I've always though there were way too many options on the main page of the forum. Maybe you could widdle them down to just maybe 6 to 8. I think I counted 49 different pages you could choose from. You know the ones that get little to no activity, maybe you could disappear them as the Ruskies used to say. Other than that I like the page, I wouldn't mind some of those business cards to pass out. Some more activity around here would be fun. My favorite forum I've ever belonged to is the M109riders forum. They're good guys and there isn't any real troubles. I've been on other forums where there are arrogant people that want to get into pissing contests and just plane fight. Hell , on the 109 forum I've seen people that have gone down get many new parts given to them. I once asked people to send my kids postcards and we got over 150 post cards from all over the world. The kids room was decorated with them for about 3 years, they're outgrowing them now. They wrote thank you's to every single person. I think this site has potential but I think people come here, join, see little activity and just don't come back. I'll do my part, we could do some kick ass RTE ( ride to eat) event. Someone should put one together for the fall.

I did a bunch of slim down changes after chef made this suggestion.

Today I went another step.

After adding the TwoWheelChurch.com section I decided I wanted to trim it up a bit still. So I put all the sponsors sections inside one more step. It cleans up the forum section listing a bunch. This will make it look nicer until we come to a point when we will change it up again... for now it looks much cleaner.

Agree?
    -Chris
    AKA Gas Man

"Doin forum work!"

I've been working on this coming year...

So to help us stay organized on rides... I moved any ride thread in the main rides section from one forum section to a past rides section. Maybe try to clean it all up every January. Also set it to not accept new threads. I think since many of these are pre-planned (unlike the short notice rides), this should help people plan things.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Gas Man; 02-10-2013 at 04:59 PM.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

I also moved Get out & Ride to above Two Wheel'ed Passion.

I think we should angle ourselves more towards riding than anything. So setting the forum layout needs to be done in the proper POV. Ya know...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"