Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barska sights

Default Barska sights

About 2 months ago I bought a Barska red dot for my Ruger MKIII. Installed it but didn't get a chance to try it out until last Sunday. Fired two rounds and the front lens fell out.

So, I contacted Barska for warranty and they gave me a return authorization number, etc. Got everything all ready to go, and I can't get the sight off. The allen head screw that holds it in is stripped and the wrench won't bite.

I sent them an email and told them what was happening, figuring I was done for. The only way to get it off is to drill the head, and that will damage the base. I waited for a response all day but none came.

Then about 7:00 last night, the guy I had been emailing back and forth with called me on the phone. He said I'd had enough trouble and to go ahead and return it. There won't be any repairs, they'll send me a new one.

That's excellent customer service these days. They could've easily walked away from this since the tight screw is probably my fault. I'll wait to reserve judgement on the product until I see how well it does, but their CS is top notch.

Oh yeah, I bought the sight at Cabela's bragain cave and it was a factory refurb, so I'm not totally surprised.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Nice to hear some companies still have good customer service.
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

Barska is not close to High End, glad they will try to make you happy.

Obviously. But for $100 I expect 4, maybe 5 shots before it breaks.

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Hey I don't have any high end optics and make out pretty well.
    Have a 6X18 Simmons scope on my AR-10 (.308) and can hit a
    quarter from 300 yards off a bench. Think I paid $125 for it.
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

Good deal for sure!
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.

Quote Originally Posted by telecast View Post
    Obviously. But for $100 I expect 4, maybe 5 shots before it breaks.
    Maybe you will, after they fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
    Hey I don't have any high end optics and make out pretty well.
    Have a 6X18 Simmons scope on my AR-10 (.308) and can hit a
    quarter from 300 yards off a bench. Think I paid $125 for it.
    25% failure still means 75% success. Hope you don't use all your good fortune on the range ;-)

I used to have a Simmons 2X on my Ruger Super Redhawk, 9.5" bbl. I used it for deer hunting and silhouette out to 100yds.

One I wish I'd never sold.

Well, I think $500 for a Trijicon is a little over the top for a $400 Ruger .22, it's not like I'm shooting money matches. I had a BSA on it last season, it still works fine, and talk about low-dollar, it cost me $39.00. It had a 5moa dot and was a bit blurry around the edges, the Barska is 3moa and is much sharper. As long as it holds together and doesn't move around I'm good with it.

Now, If I had an accurized Smith 41 and shooting for profit, then yeah, I could see spending real money for a sight.