Thread: Vegas Harley Rental

Default Vegas Harley Rental

I'm going to be in Las Vegas for about a week for my brother's wedding in August.

I'm planning on renting a Harley for a day while I'm there. Anyone have any experience doing this? Or at least riding out there? I'm planning on maybe riding out to Hoover Dam or maybe the Grand Canyon instead, but am open to suggestions.

I'd like to limit this to a day trip(meaning only a 24 hour rental.)

Also, I was planning on renting a Dyna Low Rider(they come with saddle bags & luggage rack.) I am a sport bike rider, so I have only ridden cruiser style bikes on demo events, would this be a good idea for the desert? I don't think it will have a windscreen, so I am a little worried about dust & sand. Is this a valid concern? They provide a helmet with rental(I think a half helmet.) So would this be a bad idea for the environment? They also offer Fat Boy, Softail, Road King, Road Glide, & Street Glide for the same rate.

Also, do you think I'd need to bring any riding gear with me?

My friend did it when he went to vegas (sportbike rider) and he loved it.
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

Last time I looked into it; it was $1000 deposit and $250 for a half day ($400 for the day?). I had the itch but it wasn't worth scratching at that price with a stock bike.
    As far as sand and dust, bring a face scarf/mask/bandana and goggles or good riding glasses. Even with a full face helmet you're going to have gritty teeth and watering eyes.
    I once rode a Yamaha FZR600 across Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, etc., The whole time I wished that I had something that I could take up the fire trails and arroyos.

Chris

Wow that is pricey. I paid $185 at Deals Gap to rent the bike in my picture below (and above in my previous post). $2,500 deposit but I guess if you wreck it they just keep the $2,500.
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members

Dyna's are real nice, but for the same price I'd get the road king or street glide. Better for touring. RK will give you the windshield or the SG will give you fairing with radio. Either could give you cruise.

I know a buddy that did the same thing and loved it. But he rides a chopper so it wasn't hard.

If you want some more pre-trip harley riding. Biker bob's HD does demo rides with hot dogs/beverage every sunday. Just need valid license, and proper gear.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Thanks for the tips, everyone!

I think I may have to hit up Biker Bob's one of these Sundays... I've been meaning to hit up those bbq events at the Farmington Hills location, but haven't gotten a demo on a Harley yet.

They do a nice spread there at BB
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Harley Davidson specializes in a variety of motorcycle models.

This is true...
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"