Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: North Carolina Trip

Default North Carolina Trip

Went for just under a week trip and toured North Carolina, Tenn. areas. It was great!

There were 9 of us, 9 left, 9 returned! 2 trailered and our wives road with them on the way down, and my wife road with me on the skoot on the way home. 5 of us road there and back. (just to clarify)

Our cabin in Alarka NC this was the last day and there were only 4 of us left. My wife and I, and 2 other buddies.

Some more of the cabin.

The Tail of the Dragon was so fun we went thru 3 times.... with so much other shit to fit in, it'd been more if it were up to me.

The "Tree of Shame"

The other side of the Tail...

Don't remember but I think this was the Blue Ridge...

One of the water falls we went to, it was cool, and prolly close to 200 feet tall, one of us got the idea to climb to the top, easier said than done, but we all did it, in our Harley boots, NOT the ideal climbing apparel, and this was NO cake walk!

Half way up!

At the top! Perception is sooo hard to capture in film...

On the way down... my favourite view!

Finally a relaxing night with a few cold ones, and a nice stoggey!

My better half watching me try NOT to fall in the creek!

Trip to Clingmans Dome!

All and all it was just a perfect trip, with awesome people. Till I suffered major dehydration and ended up in a Kentucky Hospital on our return. If you've ever been dehydrated? It sucks! I was really thinking I was going to cash it in... with a BP of 175/138, my heart rate at 100 bpm resting, (normally 55-60, I am a runner) and my O2 saturation at 96 with oxygen! It wasn't fun! Collapsed at a fuel stop! Thank GOD I was off the bike! Never seen it coming but a 1/2 hour out started getting dizzy! Water! Water! Water! Course! NEVER miss an opportunity to take a pic!!!!

I'm great now and taking the "Ribbing" from all my buddies!

There were soooo many pics! I just couldn't possibly share them all. If you've never been I'd recommend this trip! As many I've been a lot of places all over this great country and this makes my top 2 for sure!

Oh, yeah... Here is our group!

And my mileage
    Start

Fin

Great pics Chain!
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

looks awesome I love that area last time I was at clingmans dome saw a could of bears off the side of the rode and like dumb asses thought it would be a good idea to stop and lure them to the car with food and take pictures and they were cute until mama bear showed up haha...long walk to the top but well worth it. glad to see you had a good trip and are feeling better to bad I wasn't on the trip then I could have just started a line and gave you fluids...its weird your pressure went up that high while you were dehydrated like that unless you already have high blood pressure.
    Formerly known as Rugby66x

Great pics and trip.

Who's big dog?
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

The BD was a friend of mine he's from Michigan, but works full time in Wyoming. He trailered, I rode, other wise I'd liked to take mine down, and the SG is WAY more comfy specially when you have cruise!

Rugby66x

That'd been nice, took them 3 hours before they put an IV in... ugh.

I think there was more than dehydration, I think I may have been poisoned... the place we ate at... yuk!

I was just wondering Chain if he was somebody we knew from the other site.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

Nice pics man. Glad you made it back ok!
    Money won is twice as sweet as money earned.

GM

Say's his name is Snowman on the other site, but I haven't found him yet... he may be thinking of a diff. site...