Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ride for a Reason, June 5th, staging at Cabela's

Default Ride for a Reason, June 5th, staging at Cabela's

Anyone wanting to do a huge group ride, this is the one. Last year's ride was screwed up due to the tornado that hit Dundee. Maybe they'll have better luck this year. They plan on over 1500 bikes. Ride starts at Cabela's and covers about 100 miles, ends up at Biker Bob's in Taylor with music and Famous Dave's BBQ. $25 per person, all proceeds go to the Penrickton center for blind children.

http://www.bikerbobshd.com/custompage.asp?pg=rfr

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

No thanks. I don't like the way hog runs their rides. They are dangerous.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
    "Custom don't bolt on!"

+1 Gas Man. Tried one of those my first summer with the Sporty. Chaos at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychodad1961 View Post
    +1 Gas Man. Tried one of those my first summer with the Sporty. Chaos at best.
    Jeff: Still got time to make the Lake Erie run?
    Old age and treachery ALWAYS overcome youth and skill! Growing old is mandatory- growing up is OPTIONAL! I.B.A. #26543.

Oh come on, how much trouble could you possibly get into riding @ 60mph with 2500 newbies on 800lb bikes that never do group rides ?

I'm doing the ride but will be surrounded with people I've ridden with before. I'm hoping they'll make a nice buffer.....

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

I'd consider it...but my uncle did the ride and said never again. I'd love to do the ride. But can do it anytime...I have family out in Dundee.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffdeer View Post
    I'd consider it...but my uncle did the ride and said never again. I'd love to do the ride. But can do it anytime...I have family out in Dundee.
    And you'd have a much better ride with just you and/or a few peeps you know.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"

Quote Originally Posted by stuffdeer View Post
    I live in Milan, the ride stages about 8 miles from me. People always want to go for a ride "out to Cabela's". Big deal. It's rare that a ride starts near me, they always end out here. My ride is usually getting to the kick off spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    And you'd have a much better ride with just you and/or a few peeps you know.
    All depends on your state of mind. This isn't about the ride as much as the event. If I want to go for a 'ride', this isn't it. I've watched this ride go past my house for many years, it usually takes them about 45 minutes to go by. Figured I'd like to see what draws so many people. If it turns into a nightmare it'll be easy enough to just peel off somehwere.

I thought about this until a close friend described his experience with "I'd rather commute to Muskegon on a moped." So I think I'll just donate 25$ to the charity directly and zip down to Illinois to visit a family friend instead.
    "Too smart for the low brows, too crude for the highbrows."
    "Malo periculosum libertatem quam quietum servitium."
    "I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery."

Your friend is wise... he should join the forum. We need to offset Mud.
    ^^My $0.02 not yours^^
    -Chris
    aka Gas Man

"Custom don't bolt on!"