Thread: Poker Shoot

Default Poker Shoot

Just got back from a poker shoot at Washtenaw Sporstman's Club. Won the second hand.

Pretty cool shoot, totally random. You shoot a target with playing cards printed on it at 25 yards. The thing is, the target is facing backwards so you're shooting at a blank piece of paper. Once everyone shoots the targets are scored for highest hand. But....

Each target has a number written on the face. You draw a poker chip with a corresponding number out of a coffee can, and that's the target you get for your hand. Could be the guy down at the end, or the woman shooting next to you, or your own.

As it turned out, I drew my own target number twice, and won on the second time. My sister also won a hand and happened to do it with her own target. We knew they were ours because we were both shooting .22's, everyone else was shooting 9's, .38's, or .45's.

$10 entry fee for 5 hands, each hand pays $10, so I broke even. Better than losing!

Alcohol, Tobbaco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

And you were out shooting.
    Sounds like fun.
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

Congrats Tim, we just got back late last night from Canada, did the Port Dover run-INCREDIBLE.
    Old age and treachery ALWAYS overcome youth and skill! Growing old is mandatory- growing up is OPTIONAL! I.B.A. #26543.

that is awesome.. great idea... never heard of a poker shoot.. going to have to try that..
    Redline Superbike
    http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/

Learn about photography: ATP Members